Thread: .177 darts

.177 darts

i like the sound of these but surely you cant use them in a pre charge air rifle? the ones i have seen are 1" long!

I'm thinking of setting a dartboard at about 20ft and challenging the missis.
    AA S410K .177 / Whitetail Expedition

Ruin your rifling though
    Enjoy every step you take, you never know which one will be your last.

Gloucester or Cemaes or somewhere in between
    Quote Originally Posted by M3darkangel View Post
    i like the sound of these but surely you cant use them in a pre charge air rifle? the ones i have seen are 1" long!

I'm thinking of setting a dartboard at about 20ft and challenging the missis.
    If you want to destroy the rifling and the accuracy of the rifle then darts are the perfect way to do it

If you want to use them I would suggest buying the cheapest pistol you can find and use that
    Weapon of choice: A 600mm Canon. Author of the Pellet Photobase. Twitter me or Burp the Frog
    "It's not what you feel that matters, it's who you touch"

i see, cheers guys i wont be buying that rubbish then.

Trust me you don't want to put darts in your rifle, they will wreak you barrel. Darts are made for smoothbore plinkers, not performance guns with rifled barrels.
    This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.. Logun Axsor Carbine .177 Weaver V24 6-24x42

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!

Darts

To give you an idea of how good they are, I won't let any of my rifles in the same room as them - Not even my B2!

If you come and see me when I'm by the car at the next Shepreth meet I've got some dart board card targets you can have.

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

thanks ryan, i'm assuming these are design for pistol users only.

I thought you were gonna go on all day in the shoot off with mark today. nice shooting.

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Quote Originally Posted by M3darkangel View Post
    thanks ryan, i'm assuming these are design for pistol users only.

I thought you were gonna go on all day in the shoot off with mark today. nice shooting.
    Cheers buddy.

They're challenging at 30 yards to get a clean hit, I played darts with my Grandad we had seperate cards and played round the world with him bench rested and me standing - He whupped me!

You can use them with whatever you want to, just don't put darts down the bore of a serviceable rifle!

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Project Cheap Shot .. now Ryan does it with darts
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

thay will screw your gun up m8 dont do it ok from gat guns for a bit of fun in the garden.but play safe though m8.

no worries, these things aint getting introduced to my baby, she shot me my personal best today, 53. i'm gonna lick the dirt of her.

Bowyer is offline They don't like it up 'em, Mr Mainwaring
    Isn't that an odd thing what?

Just come back from the pub, where one of the topics of conversation at the bar was shooting darts out of Gat guns at dart boards, which was quite the thing after closing time years back.

Get home, fire up the computer - and the same conversation continuing on the forum! Are you lot sure you weren't just down the Boot in Histon just now?

Come on - own up there!
    Don't tell 'em y'name, Pike!

not me,