Thread: modifying a skif a3000

Red face modifying a skif a3000

i rerceived my latest skif {my third i got it cheap,cos it had a few scratches on the slide,and the magazine catch was broken,,but i bought this pistol with modifying in mind,,ive had one of these pistols in bits before,,its quite complex inside,,and reassembly,,really needs 3 hands,,cos you have to hold several key components in place,at the same time.first job was to fix the mag catch {missing spring now fixed..i also cleaned,degreased,primed and resprayed the slide,,cos i couldnt really do anything else,,now its satin black,,soon maybe to be glock green..anyway the last time i had one of these apart,i noticed that when the trigger is pulled,the largest of the springs{the one around the barrel is compacted,,and i wondered,,if i shorten this spring,,,the trigger should become a bit more light,for double action shooting,,so this is what i did,i took out the spring and measured it,9 and a quarter cms,,then i chopped off a inch and a half,,then stretched it back to 9 and a quarter cms...once id reassembled it,,there is a noticable difference,to my other skifs,,being a lighter pull,,with no loss of power,,to finish the project off,i added a scope rail,which i got with another skif,and added a red dot sight...what do you think? if anyone has any skif probs,,,gimme a pm,,,ive pics if anyones interested

jay.t is offline Unique is an understatement, I'm just a messed up frog pimp.
    Intersted in the scope rail, ive got a red dot spare but cant fit it to the exsisting mount, sent pics , jay.
    Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?

okkkkkkkkkkkk

Quote Originally Posted by jayt07 View Post
    Intersted in the scope rail, ive got a red dot spare but cant fit it to the exsisting mount, sent pics , jay.
    If you get a Walther 11mm adaptor rail and attack the bottom of it with a file it will fit the skiff. (You need to file off about 1.5mm from the rear half of the base, they're ally so it's not difficult. I would send you a picture of the one I did, but neil has it )

edit: I think I may have misunderstood your problem but meh.....

Oh, and neil your a braver man than me, I got as far as stripping off the top slide to clean and lube and then decided that was enough