Thread: Help with pricing please

Help with pricing please

I have two rifles I would like help with to put a price on them. The first one is a Mercury but it has a mark 5 meteor barrel on it, so the serial number says. The barrel matches the actions colour and the gun shoots well to say how old it is. This gun has field sites fitted. http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/q...gunsale007.jpg . Hope I've done the picture thing right
    The second one is the mark 6 Airsporter serial number GL20903. There are no sites with this gun. This rifle also shoots well. http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/q...gunsale001.jpg . Both these rifles have the scratches of time but no rust

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

reply to thread

hi mate ,i collect a lot and sell a bit so my expeience with these two is this the late airsporter while interesting hasnt the appeal of the mk1/2 so as you can imagine will command a somewhat lower price £140/165 the mercury again interesting and with a bit of a following useualy falls into the same brkt,
    condition needs to be at least better than good for the merc not having the status of the airsporter.
    hope this helps bob.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi Dean.

Historically, average condition Airsporter MkVI rifles struggle to achieve much above £125 plus post, so without the open sights (which will cost a good £25 + to replace), realistically I doubt it'll achieve much more than £100 tops ... Similarly, standard good condition .22 Mercurys tend to sell around the £100 mark too (plus post), and in all honesty, the fact that yours has a Meteor barrel fitted shouldn't detract from this price a great deal -- maybe a tenner at best . Have sold three MkVI Airsporters and five Mercurys on here over the last four years, so these figures are based on achieved prices. Hope this helps . Atb: G.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 09-12-2008 at 09:57 AM. Reason: to ad endorsement of actual examples I've sold to substantiate my price guide.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thanks fellers, I think I'm going to keep the mercury for a future project, but the airsporter will be up for sale. I'll do a thread for it shortly