Thread: What Daystate is this?

What Daystate is this?

and whats it worth?
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trr-dev...nts/photos.htm
    Thank you
    Reg

Id guess at a very early Huntsman with that cr@p trigger ( ) or due to the brass air cylinder an early Midas.
    Somebody will know for sure.
    Value ? What someone is willing to pay really.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

DM80 Guest
    Originally posted by I. J.
    Id guess at a very early Huntsman with that cr@p trigger ( ) or due to the brass air cylinder an early Midas.
    Somebody will know for sure.
    Value ? What someone is willing to pay really.
    looks like a midas to me its probably worth approx 200 quid.

Dave .

That is an extremely early Midas, with the "cap gun" trigger and cradle type barrel support.

Haven't seen one of those in a while, especially with open sights on it as well.

Value wise I do not know for sure, but would agree it depends on what someone is prepared to pay.

Cheers guys.......not sure whether to purchase this or not

Posted from the Daystate Factory in Stone, Staffor
    Can’t make out the serial number, but it looks like a Huntsman 'HL' from 1983-86.

Condition looks fair, and the scope looks period (tasco 4x32?), in keeping with the gun. It would have a trade in value of about £130-150 and worth about £200 to a collector. Servicing a gun of this age usually means making up parts and would cost £100-120 depending on when - if ever - it was last serviced.

Rentokil are still using many of these on a daily basis and due to their quality & strong build are happy to cough up the higher servicing costs over newer gear, just to keep them going. Although rare in private hands there are thousands in use and we nearly always have one or two in being serviced.

Tony

DM80 Guest
    [Rentokil are still using many of these on a daily basis and due to their quality & strong build are happy to cough up the higher servicing costs over newer gear, just to keep them going. Although rare in private hands there are thousands in use and we nearly always have one or two in being serviced.

Tony [/B][/QUOTE]

your right their tony rentokil are still using these old daystates & i cant blame them i service the local rentokil' lancashire branch'es 4 daystates' & although they are batter'd & bruised they still shoot very well and are very accurate for there age its just a pity they dont look after them when they bring them to me sometimes they are in a right state but being so strong & robust they are always repairable' just about .

p.s i still think its a early midas'

Dave .

draftsmann Guest
    I'm with Dave on it being a Midas. I thought the very early Huntsmans (Huntsmen?) including the Rentokil guns had a stainless cylinder- I also seem to recall an even plainer and uglier stock than this one. By the way if anyone has an early stainless cylinder Daystate at the back of a cupboard that they want to sell please let me know

Adrian

george scott Guest

old Datstate

Yep old Daystate Midas I've got a slightly more modern target version shoots great but really heavy due to the cylinder.

I've had a closer look and it's stamped HL, looks to me as Tony knows best
    Reg

come on then Reg - what's the asking price?

Originally posted by Geordie
    come on then Reg - what's the asking price?
    Bloke who was selling it, isn't now Still, I found out what it was for him (as he didn't have a clue)
    Reg

Early Daystate stock as new.

A mate of mine asked me if I could sell this for him, I have no idea what model it,s off ( Midas, Huntsman TL maybe ? ) or what it's worth, anyone ?
    Part of his email message to me is below-

"Bought direct from Daystate shortly after they come into business making pneumatic air rifles. I believe this to be the very first model pneumatic air rifle that they produced (excluding the paint ball and tranquilliser guns that they also produced at that time). It is for the Daystate with the long Brass air cylinder under the barrel. I do not know what kind of wood it is made from".

Pictures - http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid4697377

"This is the original Daystate airgun stock. It was bought new direct from Daystate in 1983 / 1984 and is the one that is a curved stock for right handed shooters. I am left handed so this stock was no good for me, hence I had to buy an additional left handed stock to put on my Daystate. This stock was removed from the gun from new and has been saved and stored from
    new. It has no dents, scratches or other defects of any kind. The
    condition is 100% perfect new condition".

Could anyone please give me an idea what it's worth so I can put an asking price on it for him, Thanks Steve.
    Weihrauch HW100 - Simmons 6-20x44 mag scope.
    Air Arms S400 .177 Carbine - Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 Scope .
    Reximex Mito S .177 Pistol - Spina 3-9x32 compact scope.