Thread: 777

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I get mine from Wilson & Wilson 01843 822242

charges £6.20 p&p so you are looking at £36 ish but to me its only once a year so no sweat. Would cost me more than a tenner in petrol to go and collect it and its with me next day without hassle.

I had a long chat with the people at Hodgdons in the US about 777. When they designed it the equipment said it was volume for volume producing the same energy as BP. However in field tests shooters were chronoing m/v up on BP. The outcome of further test show that it burns quicker so for the same m/v the recommendation is to reduce powder by 15%. Interestingly energy and breech pressure are then less for the same m/v.

The longarm hunters in the US use it vol for vol for the flater trajectory and harder hitting of a faster projectile.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

I've never tried 777 so I'm interested to see the positive reports. Do you feel that your groups are as tight? I always found that Black powder seemed to produce better groups than Pyrodex.