Thread: webly vulkan

webly vulkan

hi gents could anyone give me a value on a near mint .22 webly vulkan
    thanks

Webley Vulcan

Pics would aid re valuation.

webly valkan

hi thanks for the reply,i just wanted some idea as i indend to offer it for sale on here,i dont have a digital camara,if i sell it on here ill borrow one.when i say near mint im bieing very piccy as the only flaw on the whole rifle is a 2mmx1mm chip in the varnish on the underside of the forend,every thing else is unmarked as new.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    hi gents could anyone give me a value on a near mint .22 webly vulkan
    thanks
    All depends on what model Vulcan it is really (and condition), as there was a MkI, MkII, and MkIII Vulcan, plus a few later rifles which were basically up-dated Vulcans with fancy names. There were also several versions of each of these to boot just to complicate things further. Here is some info which may help.

Many minor mechanical differences separate the various Vulcan variants, but these were basically variations on the same theme. The more noticeable cosmetic differences however are as follows ...

Vulcan MkI: thinner barrel and slimmer stock than later models (an example can bee seen in my signature slide show).

Vulcan MkII: fatter lacquered stock with pistol grip cup and white spacers. Thicker 16mm barrel and different front sights.

Vulcan MkIII: early MkIIIs sported same style stocks as described for the MkII, but later ones had plain pistol grip ends and no white spacers. These had the same style sights and barrel as the MkII, although later carbine versions had threaded muzzle-breaks fitted which incorporated the front sight.

Xocet: a no thrills variant of the Vulcan (no safety and very plain stocks) with re-jigged breech so no gap apparent from above when rear sight removed.

Stingray: mechanically the same as the Vulcan but with finger grip flutes running length of stock, re-jigged breech so no gap apparent from above when rear sight removed, and a threaded muzzle break as standard incorporating front sight.

The first Vulcans hit the market in 1979. All Vulcans were available in .177 and in .22. With the exception of the Xocet, all of the above have also been available as Walnut Deluxe Specials, and all except the MkI have been available as carbines . At one stage I had eight examples of Vulcan in my collection, but now only have two: a walnut .177 MkI and what imo, is the ultimate of the Vulcan variants: an Omega carbine in .177 (also in signature slide show below).

Webley & Scott air rifles using the model names of Xocet and Stingray were also made and marketed after the original British Brum based manufacturing company of Webley & Scott closed in 2006. They were sold by the outfit that bought the Webley and Scott name. These later examples were made in Turkey and/or Eastern Europe and imo leave a lot to be desired .

Anything with a walnut stock will be worth more than a beech stocked standard Vulcan, a .177 would be worth more than a .22 as are rarer, and having the original open sights makes a big difference too. In short then, without photos, the value of your .22 Vulcan could be anywhere from £225 plus post for a walnut stock MkII deluxe example in tip top condition, all the way down to no more than say £75 posted for a very average condition (few battle scars) beech MkI. As stated, photos would help with a more accurate price, but in the mean time I hope this helps . Atb: G.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 13-12-2008 at 09:46 AM. Reason: to ad post Brum Xocet and Stingray info.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

thanks

thanks gareth.its a mk 2 with the white spacers,saftey catch although its got good grain on the stock im prety shure its beech

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    thanks gareth.its a mk 2 with the white spacers,saftey catch although its got good grain on the stock im prety shure its beech
    Then if in vgc I would best guess it's value around £125 plus post, although would need to see photos to rubber stamp this (but hope it helps anyway ). Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post

Webley & Scott air rifles using the model names of Xocet and Stingray were also made and marketed after the original British Brumie based manufacturing company of Webley & Scott closed in 2006. They were sold by the outfit that bought the Webley and Scott name. These later examples were made in Turkey and/or Eastern Europe and imo leave a lot to be desired.
    ... Extra information regarding post British made Webley & Scott rifles added to my post above for those who didn't know . Atb: G.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Did the the MkIII also have asome sort of super Webley piston seal? Seem to recall Webely publicity extolling this, may not have been much cop though.

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    Did the the MkIII also have asome sort of super Webley piston seal? Seem to recall Webely publicity extolling this, may not have been much cop though.
    Good memory there that man ... Yep, I remember such promotional garbage too . Ha ha. Yes they are different, but makes no difference (if you see what I mean) as imho was a change for change's sake. Worked to launch the MkIII though, and sales soared, so God bless the original Brum based company of Webley & Scott (r.i.p. ). Atb: G.