I think if you are to compare both the '335 and the Sport against one another, then you need to set some criteria. Are you for example comparing them as sporting air rifles or general plinkers?

I own 3 Sports and 3 335s. I think that for sporting use, then you need to tinker with the '335 a tad to get it nearer 12 ft llbs (especially in .177). I have done this to 2 of the 3 335s I have. They achieve 12ft llbs pretty easy but do lose some smoothness- its a trade off that must be accepted. A professional tune by one of the top tuning houses may achieve the 12 ft llbs a bit smoother however.

The Sport on the other hand achieves the limit with ease and can maintain smooth firing cycle to boot.

Accuracy wise, I think there is very little between the two rifles- but I would say that if it came down to it, the 335 would just take things in the accuracy stakes.

The 335 does have an extremely good breech lock up, which of course is an area that older Sports can suffer due to wear. On the down side, as Ian suggested above, the 335 does have an Achilles heel as regards to the lug welds on the rear fixing bracket. Take it from someone who has witnessed one of these failures first hand- it can be quite harmful to both rifle and more so the operator!

I have 2 of the 3 335s of mine converted to ptfe heads and this does release power, but as stated above its at a slight cost of smoothness. Consistency is improved however.

Bottom line is that if going hunting, I reach for the Sport. If going for a fun plink and hopefully to shoot some nice tight groupings, I take the 335. As I do more of the former than latter, the Sport just edges this rifle in my books.

Dave