Thread: FEINWERKBAU SPORT and the ANSCHUTZ 335

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    the detent spigot is another matter perhaps build up with weld (stellite or similar )
    on second thoughts it may be possible to silver solder a small ball bearing on to the worn spigot
    It is a shame that they did not use the over-engineered system used by BSA. I guess it was their only break-barrel gun and thought that it would only be used for hunting i.e. only a couple thousands pellets a year, and not given the massive hammering that the FT brigades threw at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    It is a shame that they did not use the over-engineered system used by BSA. I guess it was their only break-barrel gun and thought that it would only be used for hunting i.e. only a couple thousands pellets a year, and not given the massive hammering that the FT brigades threw at it.
    i must be lucky because none of mine have any wear at all
    but because its a ball bearing that ( rolls ) over it i would expect it to last many thousands of shots with the correct lube
    yes the BSA one is very clever as the round pin acts as a stop and catch for the detente if it wears stick a new pin in

As said above, keep the ball-bearing lubed and I suspect it will be a very long time before the latch wears. My 127 is 27 years old and has fired tens of thousands of pellets but shows no sign of wear.