Thread: FEINWERKBAU SPORT and the ANSCHUTZ 335

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    The winner is the HW80. I had a mate who had had a 335 for years. Two weeks after shooting my 80 he went out a bought one as a replacement for the 335.
    The HW80 is better for F.A.C. Why have all that power potential and extra weight when the '85/95 provides the same but lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    no one mentioned a BSF s70 ( or HW 80)
    because the original poster didnt ask about those models
    the BSF is a cool gun IMO but the 80 is just a lump and not in the same league as the others
    and dont even start me on the pro sport ( had one hate them )
    Agreed. Move over MALLY - make room for me in the bomb shelter.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    The HW80 is better for F.A.C. Why have all that power potential and extra weight when the '85/95 provides the same but lighter.

Agreed. Move over MALLY - make room for me in the bomb shelter.

ATB
    Ian
    Hey buddy your just trying to make it up to me after selling my mate BRICKIE DAVE a gate spring
    i have told him that OVER MY DEAD AND ROTTING CORPSE is that thing going in his JOHN BOWKET TUNED SPORT
    but as you like PRO SPORTS as much as i do you are forgiven

I can't really offer a comparison but I'm lucky enough to have an almost as new FWB Sport 124 MkIII topped with a Tasco AG 4 x 40 in similar condition.

The gun has been tuned by Roger Moy to 11 ft lb with JSB 8.4s, he has also done what I can only describe as something to the trigger; it's light and predictable somewhat like a Record.

I spend most of my shooting time with a Walther Dominator but the time I spend with the FWB is perhaps the most enjoyable of all. The gun gives me a great level of satisfaction and it's incredibly accurate, I know that at 25 yards it shoots as good a groups as my Venom hw77 with a Custom Shop on it, and I managed to get 26 ex 30 on a nasty Winter League course with that today.

I always wanted one as a lad 20-odd years ago. We had ASI Magnums, Vulcans, I had a BSA Mercury with the slabby stock. All bobbins compared to the Sport.

I can't comment on the 335 as it's one of the few guns I've even handled, I've also never shot a standard FWB but I can't imagine swapping my Sport for another break-barrel; unless a Venom Mach-1 pops up!
    Best Regards

Simon

I've got some slug guns.