Thread: FEINWERKBAU SPORT and the ANSCHUTZ 335

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    >>>>>>>>>>>FIN>>>>>>>>>>
    not till the fat lady sings

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    not till the fat lady sings
    The fat lady? Is you talking Relum Tornado?

On the subject of the Feinwerkbau Sport, would it be feasible to sleeve the breech-block bolt-hole and is there a practical replacement for the barrel latch when all the supplies of them have dried up?

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post

On the subject of the Feinwerkbau Sport, would it be feasible to sleeve the breech-block bolt-hole and is there a practical replacement for the barrel latch when all the supplies of them have dried up?
    probably be a helicoil the correct size for breech block hole
    the detent spigot is another matter perhaps build up with weld (stellite or similar )
    on second thoughts it may be possible to silver solder a small ball bearing on to the worn spigot
    Last edited by mallyally; 15-12-2008 at 10:07 PM. Reason: just had a crazy thought

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    the detent spigot is another matter perhaps build up with weld (stellite or similar )
    on second thoughts it may be possible to silver solder a small ball bearing on to the worn spigot
    It is a shame that they did not use the over-engineered system used by BSA. I guess it was their only break-barrel gun and thought that it would only be used for hunting i.e. only a couple thousands pellets a year, and not given the massive hammering that the FT brigades threw at it.

It is a shame that they did not use the over-engineered system used by BSA. I guess it was their only break-barrel gun and thought that it would only be used for hunting i.e. only a couple thousands pellets a year, and not given the massive hammering that the FT brigades threw at it.
    i must be lucky because none of mine have any wear at all
    but because its a ball bearing that ( rolls ) over it i would expect it to last many thousands of shots with the correct lube
    yes the BSA one is very clever as the round pin acts as a stop and catch for the detente if it wears stick a new pin in

As said above, keep the ball-bearing lubed and I suspect it will be a very long time before the latch wears. My 127 is 27 years old and has fired tens of thousands of pellets but shows no sign of wear.

Trust you to degrade this wonderful thread by mentioning the Hungarian Fence Post.

Personally I think a lot of the so called 'problems' and weak spots mentioned above (HW35 catch sticking, FWB lock up etc.) can be avoided with the use of adequate good quality lubrication in correct amounts, care and maintenance and a bit of TLC.
    Perhaps Im lucky but Ive never had a bad '35 cylinder or a 'Sport detent worn - but then again Im a stickler for lubing. I work on the old engineering principal that oil is cheaper than bearings (well, it used to be. )

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Second you on that one I.J. I've don't think Sports really have any problems unless you are incredibly unlucky or abuse them.

I think also the triggers are very very good when compared to the real rubbish on other makes out there. They do the job and are consistent enough to get accurate results. They are just not a Record.

Never known or seen one to barrel droop or to bend up from premature release on cocking. I could definitely get a Theoben Serocco to do it but then any rifle with a heavy moderator on the end let fly under pressure might.

A tar and molly basic tune is all that needs to be done to quieten them and smooth them down. Maccari short spring and piston head drop in kit does it well enough.

Lastly, I have one fitted with a moderator and one without and there is not a lot of difference. Without one and no more than a ?x40 scope they are a marksman's dream sporting rifle; pure up into the aim point-ability.

Yes it’s possible, on my most used 124 I fitted a brass bush, must have been in about 1992. The idea being that the bush would wear rather than the bolt, as even then they were becoming hard to find. Been perfect ever since.

FWB

I wouldn't imagine it would be too difficult for a decent machine shop to make a replacement bolt but then again a one off may be costly.

Rustybuzz, I've enjoyed reading about the early days of FT. My 80 was tuned for FT by your uncle early in the 80's. They were two of the major players back then and I remember talking to both of them at numerous shoots in the South East during those years.