Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: FEINWERKBAU SPORT and the ANSCHUTZ 335

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Looks like a BSA SuperSport stock will fit the Feinwerkbau Sport action with a little bit of modification!

FWB Sport stocks can break relatively easily, and replacements are a nightmare to source (the 'new' one on the auction site went for £150+), and custom stocks are expensive too. I am going to marry the BSA stock to the FWB action and get back to all you FWB fans. There must be lots of people who want to re-stock their 'workhorse' FWBs but can't afford to. Until now...
    what in the name of god are you thinking of man /have you gone completely round the bend / fastening a FWB sport action to a friggin CRICKET BAT
    alistair buddy you have really sunk to the depths this time
    WHY NOT put a friggin RELUM TORNADO stock on it
    I am sure if you go through with this madness your sport will commit airgun hari kari and seize up and all its screws fall out

on the other hand

it was nice reading through all this thread again

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    what in the name of god are you thinking of man /have you gone completely round the bend / fastening a FWB sport action to a friggin CRICKET BAT
    alistair buddy you have really sunk to the depths this time
    WHY NOT put a friggin RELUM TORNADO stock on it
    I am sure if you go through with this madness your sport will commit airgun hari kari and seize up and all its screws fall out
    MALLY. What in the name of god are you thinking of man/have you gone completely round the bend / mentioning that there Rel ... Rel... Relum on a FWB Sports thread!

ATB
    Ian

It was good re-reading the thread though.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

What an interesting thread, a reminder of how much valuable experience resides in this forum (and of course in the collector's section in particular!).

After buying a FWB300S on here a couple of months ago I'm experiencing a painful desire to buy a Sport (and of course a FWB65 to match the 300). Funds do not permit at the moment, but in time I must own one. I know where to come for advice when I've saved up

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Calm down!

I like BSAs, in fact a good Mercury 'S' is nearly as good as a Feinwerkbau Sport and has a better trigger (hmm better start filling the sandbags).

The stock is off a Super Sport, so it's even got the same name as the FWB.

As for 'the Hungarian Swamp Donkey', the fore-end is too short and the stocks are far too fat in the hand to be worthy of consideration.

Anyway, Malcolm, where would YOU source a reasonably-priced FWB stock from? I suppose CS could make one up but they are far from cheap.

I was thinking that one might be able to stick the Sport acton into a Feinwerkbau 150 or 300 stock, but they aren't that easy to find either.

I would really like a black plastic 'Sportsmatch' stock (similar to the FWB 300 stock but synthetic) as sold by the much reviled 'Rod Lynton' in the early 1980s, but he can't have sold more than half a dozen of them, never seen any since then anyway.

AS I SAID there are SOME FWB Sport owners who use them as their regular rabbitting/pigeon/rat guns and who might have knackered stocks, whats wrong with a cheap alternative? My pristine BSA SuperSport stock cost £35!

Perhaps IJ and Malcolm should re-stock their 'shooter' FWBs with BSA stocks to protect their genuine ones? Or sell them on fleabay and buy new cars?

Purists eh?

I seem to remember that IJ uses a BSA piston-washer in his FWB Sport, something I would NEVER do while the originals and Maccaris are available. It's a functioning part of the rifle for heaven's sake, and there you are quibbling about the FURNITURE?!!!??

You will all be jealous at my Feinwerkbsa Super Sport 124! I will see you all marvel at its grace and be awestruck by its awesomeness! Rounded lines instead of those Teutonic angles will suit it, you'll see.... a sexier Sport by far.

I prefer the pistol grip on the BSAs anyway. Slimmer and stronger!
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 27-09-2009 at 11:16 PM.

I like my MKII action fitted to a MKIII stock; but then its not walnut. Beeman ones are nice and there have been quite a few after market stocks made over the years; some worked some didn't.

I know of the whereabouts of a Sportsmatch stock, though it is in a collection and unlikely to ever move. Not very pretty.

I have both my Sports fitted with Macarri kits now and they do shoot extremely well and all tarred up are very quietly at close to the limit. They are markedly better than my 335. One of my Sports was shooting under power and the trigger was lovely at least as good as my 335. Once fitted with new innards the trigger wasn't as light, though still not bad. No wind and the Sports 124's are doing one hole clusters at 22m (4x or 3-9 scope doesn't seem to make any real difference). My 335 isn't that good and was very noisy until given a basic tune (same with my Omegas).

Again, the smoother the action the more forgiving to shoot, though I've yet to master how to get the same point of aim for different positions. Two inch low when standing from a bench zero. Thats springers for you.

I like BSAs, in fact a good Mercury 'S' is nearly as good as a Feinwerkbau Sport and has a better trigger (hmm better start filling the sandbags).

The stock is off a Super Sport, so it's even got the same name as the FWB.

As for 'the Hungarian Swamp Donkey', the fore-end is too short and the stocks are far too fat in the hand to be worthy of consideration.

Anyway, Malcolm, where would YOU source a reasonably-priced FWB stock from? I suppose CS could make one up but they are far from cheap.

I was thinking that one might be able to stick the Sport acton into a Feinwerkbau 150 or 300 stock, but they aren't that easy to find either.

I would really like a black plastic 'Sportsmatch' stock (similar to the FWB 300 stock but synthetic) as sold by the much reviled 'Rod Lynton' in the early 1980s, but he can't have sold more than half a dozen of them, never seen any since then anyway.

AS I SAID there are SOME FWB Sport owners who use them as their regular rabbitting/pigeon/rat guns and who might have knackered stocks, whats wrong with a cheap alternative? My pristine BSA SuperSport stock cost £35!

Perhaps IJ and Malcolm should re-stock their 'shooter' FWBs with BSA stocks to protect their genuine ones? Or sell them on fleabay and buy new cars?

Purists eh?

I seem to remember that IJ uses a BSA piston-washer in his FWB Sport, something I would NEVER do while the originals and Maccaris are available. It's a functioning part of the rifle for heaven's sake, and there you are quibbling about the FURNITURE?!!!??

You will all be jealous at my Feinwerkbsa Super Sport 124! I will see you all marvel at its grace and be awestruck by its awesomeness! Rounded lines instead of those Teutonic angles will suit it, you'll see.... a sexier Sport by far.

Tis true! I did use a BSA piston head (DM80 made me do it! ) inside my FWB Sport. It was cheap and will probably outlast the originals which deteriorate with age.
    I will forgive your desecration of a classic for providing me with a new moniker for the R.T. - the 'Hungarian Swamp Donkey' Love it.
    Purists? Have you seen my Anschiana 250?. Needs must.

ATB
    Ian

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Purists? Have you seen my Anschiana 250?. Needs must.

ATB
    Ian
    Is the scope for sale on that one?

Is the scope for sale on that one?
    You mean the little Tasco 2-6x20 Tasco 611VFM?
    How can I put this without upsetting you?

NO!

ATB
    Ian

Anyway, Malcolm, where would YOU source a reasonably-priced FWB stock from? i would use the spare one from behind my couch

i have seen more supersport stocks broken than FWB stocks

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    i have seen more supersport stocks broken than FWB stocks
    Thats because there are more of them and people dont take so much care of them. Thanks for the tip though, I'll reinforce the pistol grip with a steel bolt.

Thats because there are more of them and people dont take so much care of them. Thanks for the tip though, I'll reinforce the pistol grip with a steel bolt.
    Isn't that what Feinwerkbau did with later varsions of the Sport?

ATB
    Ian

[QUOTE=BTDT;3192374If we're going to open up the field, I'd say my RWS 45, breathed on by Airmasters, was a match for anything pre-HW77 and, while it equalled the '77 for accuracy, the '77 won on its minimal discharge movement (recoil).[/QUOTE]

Did it keep the leather piston-washer?

friggin ell

only seems like yesterday

Did it keep the leather piston-washer?
    Can't be sure, but I think it did.