Thread: Diana Model No. 1

Gloucester or Cemaes or somewhere in between

Diana Model No. 1

I've been asked to have a look out for the above rifle but I can't even find a reference to it on the web. Any experts out there that can point me in the right direction?
    Weapon of choice: A 600mm Canon. Author of the Pellet Photobase. Twitter me or Burp the Frog
    "It's not what you feel that matters, it's who you touch"

Diana Model 1

The Model 1 was sometimes called the Junior, made from approx. 1930.
    Tinplate construction, it was cocked by breaking action at the rear of the gun, where two thin rods pulled the spring assy. and engaged the trigger sear, pellets were inserted into a separate barrel assy. which was a removeable affair at the gun, finish was either nickel or blued.
    I guess not many will have survived as they were more of a childrens toy, rather like a Pop-gun.
    I hope this helps you in your quest.
    Atb.

Robin.

Pop gun styles

I have a very early version of the "pop gun" style of airgun, a King Model D made by the Markham Company in the USA around 1908.The Markham Company were taken over by Daisy in 1916 I think. There were lots of makes of similar style "popguns" and as we see from the last post, this style continued to 1930 (and well beyond). Not a serious airgun and remind me of the "shotgun" style pop guns I had as a child, shooting corks or gravel if you were so inclined!

The Blue Book indicates that the Diana Model 1 was produced to 1940 and the "improved" version up to the 1960's.

Mike95

Gloucester or Cemaes or somewhere in between
    Thanks for the info CRX/Mike95, Diana Junior does throw up some info on Google

regards
    Kev
    Weapon of choice: A 600mm Canon. Author of the Pellet Photobase. Twitter me or Burp the Frog
    "It's not what you feel that matters, it's who you touch"