Thread: 100 meters with STEYR LG110 HP 5.5

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

100 meters with STEYR LG110 HP 5.5

This is a group of 6 pellets on 100 meters with my steyr lg110hp 40jouls 5.5 airgun.

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/r...r/DSC01953.jpg

I thing it can do better, but i only had time for 6 shoots in a row with low wind
    I used the jsb jumbo heavy

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    Quote Originally Posted by sniperman View Post
    This is a group of 6 pellets on 100 meters with my steyr lg110hp 40jouls 5.5 airgun.

I thing it can do better, but i only had time for 6 shoots in a row with low wind

Very good shooting there, I did the same on sunday with my .25 but only 3 shots at 100yds, 3 shots at 80yds and 4 shots at 70yds, the first two i did at 100yds were near pellet on pellet, re-positioned myself on the third and it was level but about an inch to the right, not bad for a .25 . The other two shorter ranges were near pellet on pellet, this was leaning shots.
    Very good shooting and keep it up.

There is always wind now
    It only stops for small periods so i cant have groups of ten shoots.
    I started my winder vacations today so i will have more time for long range shooting

You got lg110 .25? Did you only changed barrels or did more?
    How many shoots do you get by one cylinder in .25? what power?
    Sorry if i cause you trouble.
    The reason i ask is because i would too like to try some different caliber i was looking more to .20 for better trajectory.

There is always wind now
    It only stops for small periods so i cant have groups of ten shoots.
    I started my winder vacations today so i will have more time for long range shooting

You got lg110 .25? Did you only changed barrels or did more?
    How many shoots do you get by one cylinder in .25? what power?
    Sorry if i cause you trouble.
    The reason i ask is because i would too like to try some different caliber i was looking more to .20 for better trajectory.

My .25 is a Rapid MK2 47ftlb 825fps with 31gr Barracudas, barrel is a L/W super match grade 21ins, rifle is regged and get 50 full power shots, barrel every 300-400 shots just a quick clean and afew pellets through it to re-lead and back on song, lovely rifle and my personal rifle.

mine is shooting a tad faster than verminhunter's setup at 924ft/s with the same pellet 31grain.
    this is from last week.
    http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL888.../345849010.jpg this is at 133yards/ 122meters, two 3" groups.

tell a friend mate to sit next to you with a spotting scope. instead of looking at the target tell him to look about 1/3 to 1/2 distance to your target and watch for wind changes. in the field where i shoot, i usually look at the over grown grass and i tell the shooter when to fire. it has proven to be a very good system for me and we're getting better at it. the target about was shot using such technique.

I think if you turned your power down flims your groups will tighten up more, 100ft per second is abit too fast for a waisted diabolo pellet, thats from my findings but not everyones rifle is the same but I belive that you bring it down to around 825-830fps you'll be amazesd at the results.

Hello Sniperman,

I think the Steyr is very capable of good 100m results. Although an Air Arms S4/500 regulated or Theoben Rapid MKII might be better. This is what I tested recently with my Steyr (and JSB 5,52mm):

http://100mairgun.nl/post/Groeperen-...eyr-LG110.aspx

100mairgun.nl (TRANSLATOR on top! )