Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100 meters with STEYR LG110 HP 5.5

100 meters with STEYR LG110 HP 5.5

This is a group of 6 pellets on 100 meters with my steyr lg110hp 40jouls 5.5 airgun.

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/r...r/DSC01953.jpg

I thing it can do better, but i only had time for 6 shoots in a row with low wind
    I used the jsb jumbo heavy

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    Quote Originally Posted by sniperman View Post
    This is a group of 6 pellets on 100 meters with my steyr lg110hp 40jouls 5.5 airgun.

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/r...r/DSC01953.jpg

I thing it can do better, but i only had time for 6 shoots in a row with low wind
    I used the jsb jumbo heavy

Very good shooting there, I did the same on sunday with my .25 but only 3 shots at 100yds, 3 shots at 80yds and 4 shots at 70yds, the first two i did at 100yds were near pellet on pellet, re-positioned myself on the third and it was level but about an inch to the right, not bad for a .25 . The other two shorter ranges were near pellet on pellet, this was leaning shots.
    Very good shooting and keep it up.

There is always wind now
    It only stops for small periods so i cant have groups of ten shoots.
    I started my winder vacations today so i will have more time for long range shooting

You got lg110 .25? Did you only changed barrels or did more?
    How many shoots do you get by one cylinder in .25? what power?
    Sorry if i cause you trouble.
    The reason i ask is because i would too like to try some different caliber i was looking more to .20 for better trajectory.

Quote Originally Posted by sniperman View Post
    There is always wind now
    It only stops for small periods so i cant have groups of ten shoots.
    I started my winder vacations today so i will have more time for long range shooting

You got lg110 .25? Did you only changed barrels or did more?
    How many shoots do you get by one cylinder in .25? what power?
    Sorry if i cause you trouble.
    The reason i ask is because i would too like to try some different caliber i was looking more to .20 for better trajectory.

My .25 is a Rapid MK2 47ftlb 825fps with 31gr Barracudas, barrel is a L/W super match grade 21ins, rifle is regged and get 50 full power shots, barrel every 300-400 shots just a quick clean and afew pellets through it to re-lead and back on song, lovely rifle and my personal rifle.

mine is shooting a tad faster than verminhunter's setup at 924ft/s with the same pellet 31grain.
    this is from last week.
    http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL888.../345849010.jpg this is at 133yards/ 122meters, two 3" groups.

tell a friend mate to sit next to you with a spotting scope. instead of looking at the target tell him to look about 1/3 to 1/2 distance to your target and watch for wind changes. in the field where i shoot, i usually look at the over grown grass and i tell the shooter when to fire. it has proven to be a very good system for me and we're getting better at it. the target about was shot using such technique.

I think if you turned your power down flims your groups will tighten up more, 100ft per second is abit too fast for a waisted diabolo pellet, thats from my findings but not everyones rifle is the same but I belive that you bring it down to around 825-830fps you'll be amazesd at the results.

costas, indeed that could be true, but i have 18 zero's at distances from 35- 175 which took great amount of time to work out, fill up with air, shoot again and all that including the BDC on the turret. reducing the velocity and doing the work again would be too much hassle and i cannot complain with groups at 3" or less at 133+ yards.

what i could do however is leave the air in the cylinder drop, chrono all shots till they are in that velocity range and run a test at that distance for that velocity and see what happens. 100ft/s less will need to adjust my wind drift figures and a new windclock. so i don't think it's all worth the hassle. the damn thing keeps them under 1.5" at 90 m with good chance of 1" when wind is constant at about <5 Mph. its a delightful system the way its all setup with matching figures which work in real life and i could hand it over to someone, he reads the small chart for it, dial everything accordingly and make hits to 120m 8/10 shots on 5" plates in <6mph winds.

i even have recorded the difference in temperature from summer to winter and the changes there where in number of clicks so for each distance i added also the number of clicks needed if im shooting in Winter. at 122 it was almost 0.6mils extra. all that took alot of work with the data sheets and shot recording.i'll have to bring it with my to the UK for you to try. you will not want to part from it i promise you

i do have a friend with a similar setup in 0.25 and same rifle so i could see if i could work out something. drift is a real damn problem at these distances with almost 2" drift either way for every 1mph increase in the crosswind.

You certainly are an enthusiast ! But to be honest flims 100yds is the real deal for me anyway. I wanted to prove to afew persons that not all L/W .25 barrels are inaccurate.
    To place one pellet near enough on top of each other at 100yds is perfect to me and if i did not slip whilst on the tree trunk leaning I would have placed the third shot right on top of the other two. I have done very long range shooting with the .25 also for fun but I think 100yds is max for me because as you said wind drifts etc etc.

I think 100 meters is also the max distance i can shoot with acceptable accuracy.
    From that range up the slightest wind has big effect on the group. At least on my .22

My problem is that were i shoot there is variable wind directions so i cant calculate the drift right
    There is also rain the past 4 days and i cant go shooting
    I hope the weather gets better before my vacations end..
    I have even prepared small flags to place every 20 meters until the target to have a better understanding of the wind.

costas, it really depends which distance you shooting the most. the last couple of tries almost invariably where at 122 meters and i feel more confident with that now than most other distance so it boils down to the distance you shoot most, however the windchart i made up is very accurate. hopefully being home for christmas i will have time to edit the video i filmed and all that so i can finally post it.

with regards to the other post on wind, it is very seldom that wind will be constant so either go in a place where the wind will be behind you or atleast at 30 degrees from you so it will only effect you by 1/2 and if you miss, you only miss by half the drift that you would have thought which might still result in a hit. when you look at the wind try to establish the amount of seconds for which the wind seems to be constant, might be 8-10 seconds and then change. this depends on terrain. where i shoot i usually get about 6seconds of constant wind then it slows down or gusts and then seems to go back to normal.
    what i do is to take the average speed, work out drift and dial in for that, wait till i have that same condition for a period of atleast 5 seconds and take the shot. by practice you'll get good at that. should be doing more shooting when im home this week

how long u been shooting - i imagine its a long time if u have a Steyr - either that, or your too rich for your own good

He is not rιch for soure Mr Sniperman not an old shooter ether ! He just want to go to the top of the hill at ones ! Xristos.
    Last edited by Xristos; 20-01-2009 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xristos View Post
    He is not reach for soure Mr Sniperman not an old shooter ether ! He just want to go to the top of the hill at ones ! Xristos.

My best friend is from Xanthi, lovely place from the photos , I've not been as far north only Halkithiki. Yasou simparioti.

My addiction is 10m ISSF air pistol shooting, i changed 3 pistols before i finally buy the Steyr LP10 and be sure for my gun in a match. The first pistols proved to be a waste of my money, not because they were bad but because they were not as good as the LP10 and made me wonder for my performance.
    Didn't wanted to make the same mistake twice So... a top gun right from the start
    After all <<To dis examartein ouk andros sofou>>
    translating in to something like that:<< make the same mistake twice, is not an action of a wise man>>

My new addiction is LONG RANGE TARGET SHOOTING!!!!
    And the LG110 its perfect, by the moment you take it out of the box
    (did made some changes to the stock though...)
    Unfortunately the last month i was not able to practice in shooting targets more than 75 meters away

yeia sou patrida

Kosta i believed that you are from Cyprus ! I am glad that you are from north Greece. Yes Xanthi its a beautiful place for living,but i am now in village four kilometers from the town with my own place for shooting. I have left the crowd for the four last years. With sniperman we are frieds and we are members of www.aerovolo.gr and you are wellcome to our forum. Patriotaki shoot well and far. Xristos.