Thread: Ratcatcher, cant remove the co2 bulb, please help

TAC_FoX Guest

Ratcatcher, cant remove the co2 bulb, please help

hi,

a guy i work with was given an airgun and asked me if i could "sort it out" for him as it didnt fire, he brought it into work today and it is a crosman 2250B (ratcatcher?) sure enough it wouldnt fire, i figured it needed a new co2 bulb but after unscrewing the end cap i could not remove the co2 cylinder, even with vigorous shaking and a few tap's with a hide mallet, perhaps this is a nobrainer but i could not see any obvious button or lever to release the co2 and as he has no manual and i have absolutely no experience with co2 guns i dont feel like playing around with it or taking it apart, does anybody have any ideas?

cheers,
    TF.

Have you tried cocking and firing the gun with the CO2 cap removed ? With the barrel facing down, the jar from the hammer will often kick the bulb out.
    Failing that, bring it to LV on the 10th and I'll take it to bits for you.

Mick
    Another Old Git.

TAC_FoX Guest
    Thank you Supermick, i will try firing it without the end cap tomorrow, and if that fails... see you on the 10th with gratefull thanks

Chris

micks advice should almost definitely without a doubt probably work

allymax Guest

Now that's f***** clever !!

I once got round the same problem by using an arrow from a kid's bow and arrow set (ya know, stick with a sucker on the end) and a little drop of superglue, stuck up the hole and left for a few secs to stick and then pulled out with CO2 bulb attached.

TAC_FoX Guest
    Mick's advice was good, my workmate is now a happy bunny, cheers for that mate

Chris.