Thread: Please help ID this rifle

Please help ID this rifle

O.K. good knowledgeable people of this forum, please could you help me identify this rifle given to me by my father a few years ago. It says on it "Model 322" and serial no. 11897.

As you can see, it is far from pristine. Is it worth keeping or is the best course of action to quietly consign it to the great shooting range in the sky.

Thanks in advance.

I think early model Relum Tornado (LG 322)

courtesy of Hiller Air Rifles enlarged 4th edition p.196.

dogsbody

I have not a clue what it is But i would keep it, as it costs nothing to feed.

If you you really do not wish to keep it, I am sure it is worth something.
    And i am sure some one here will pay a fare price for it.

Regards
    Chip
    www.hwownersforum.freeforums.org

Quote Originally Posted by dogsbody View Post
    I think early model Relum Tornado (LG 322)

courtesy of Hiller Air Rifles enlarged 4th edition p.196.

dogsbody
    Gosh. That was quick.

Do you know when, approximately, it was made?

Thanks again.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Tornado circa 1970s. Made in Hungary and imported by the Relum Co. of London. They were/are extremely cheap and agricultural and were sold in their thousands through the mail order catalogues such as Great Universal, Kays, and Freemans (all three used to have a four page section dedicated to air guns -- oh how times change ). VGC examples tend to fetch around the £100 mark (posted) but the multitude of average condition examples which crop up with amazing regularity mostly achieve around the £40ish mark plus post so unless particularly skint, as it doesn't eat or drink (nice angle there chip ) why not keep it as a curio . Hope this helps. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Tornado circa 1970s. Made in Hungary and imported by the Relum Co. of London. They were/are extremely cheap and agricultural and were sold in their thousands through the mail order catalogues such as Great Universal, Kays, and Freemans (all three used to have a four page section dedicated to air guns -- oh how times change ). VGC examples tend to fetch around the £100 mark (posted) but the multitude of average condition examples which crop up with amazing regularity mostly achieve around the £40ish mark plus post so unless particularly skint, as it doesn't eat or drink (nice angle there chip ) why not keep it as a curio . Hope this helps. Atb: G.
    Thanks for such a comprehensive response. As you (and chip) say, costs nothing to keep, so keep it is.

Wink had a mate

who when asked why he kept hold of this or that used to reply
    " eats all " still makes me smile

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster View Post
    Thanks for such a comprehensive response. As you (and chip) say, costs nothing to keep, so keep it is.
    ... My pleasure matey , and ...

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    (had a mate) who when asked why he kept hold of this or that used to reply " eats all " still makes me smile
    ... I think I know him . Ha ha. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.