Thread: Which target?

Which target?

I have just got my Pedersoli Kuchenreuter and what a wonderful piece of kit it is.Hopefully I will be able to enter some competitions. I was wondering which targets they use?I shoot from 25yrds at my club.So if I could practice on the correct target I could score them and see how I was doing aswell as refining my POA.

Do the competition targets have a designated name?(ie Fig 11 etc)
    Where can I buy them?
    Is there a site where I could download them print them?
    How are they scored?
    Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    You might want to check out the Muzzleloaders Association of Great Britain (MLAGB) web site.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

bp targets

Ditto above.
    We use a PL7 target (8"black) at 25 yards for black powder pistol and fasten a PL8 centre over it for additional rounds. The PL7 has a larger outer area so you can see where any outer shots are going and the PL8 is just the black middle part of the target with a couple of scoring rings round it.
    We buy ours at our club but dont know where they get them from. 40p for PL7 and 15p for the PL8.
    There is also a PL12 target card (53/4" black) which i believe is a scaled down PL8 for use at 20 yards. We use these for gallery rifle and long barrel revolver but for bp pistol practice i suppose they could also be used at 20 yards. Tim

The last contributor is quite right. It should be a PL7 at 25 metres. This is the standard target for MLAIC/MLAGB matches.