Thread: Nickel S&W - the black magazine...

Nickpan is offline I love a lot of slippery, soapy men's bums!

Nickel S&W - the black magazine...

What can be done about that silly black band in the middle of a nickel S&W? Can the black metal mag be painted a nickelly colour?
    no such words as alot or ect, and do you really want to add a second 'o' in 'lose', unless you're talking about something that isn't very tight?

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Good question! But if you didn't get the color EXACTLY right, it would look much worse than the contrasting black and silver, methinks.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hi Nickpan

I remember a while back onhere - someone was selling a S & W with a 'stripped' mag think it was a Limited Steel one too ????

I've searched on all the obvious but can't find the original osting & I remember that the mag was the subject of some discussion.

Anyone else remember the post ??

Roy

Yep,
    but I'm buggered if I can find it either...
    I seem to remember there was a lot said about it being difficult getting it to match the pistol finish.

Don't bother, just paint the pistol black..

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

I've got a limited edition stainless model. I stripped my mags using caustic soda, then went over them with wire wool to give a 'brushed' look. The finish isn't identical to the pistol, but its much better than black.

I'll try and get a picture up tonight.

Yes I agree with the above post ,I also have stripped the mag very successfully with Costic Soda solution and prefer this to the black mag when used with a Nickle of Stainless finished gun

My laptop's been on the fritz all weekend so only just managed to put the photo up. Just click on 'my collection'. The photo doesn't really do it justice but you can get the general idea how it will look.

Quote Originally Posted by colbo View Post
    I've got a limited edition stainless model. I stripped my mags using caustic soda, then went over them with wire wool to give a 'brushed' look. The finish isn't identical to the pistol, but its much better than black.

I'll try and get a picture up tonight.

I agree, the thread you are looking for in relation to striping the mag was started by ChrisC and the above quote is correct, Caustic soda (takes a while cos the mag is metal and not alloy) then polish along the mag with wire wool, close enough match. Link to thread http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288078

ATB

Chris
    Last edited by Fisherman1; 22-12-2008 at 10:23 AM.
    Emley Moor FTC
    Steyr Challenge with a Vortex Viper GenII , Steyr LG110 Hunter with a EVX 10x44, Daystate Pulsar with a Vortex Viper Gen II, HW100k with a MTC Mamber

I airbrushed mine with a Silver two pack that I think originally was a Skoda colour - Gulp. Anyway it was a pretty close match.

Sorry I just checked and it was actually Hermatite silver engine paint
    Last edited by Napoleon IV; 22-12-2008 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Checked on the actual paint used