Thread: C02 Capsules

C02 Capsules

Lots of people recommend when putting a new capsule in you should put a drop of silicone air gun oil on the tip to help it to seal. Well I have a Walther RAM P99 and from the beginning I had problems with the gas leaking in the end I had to return it to Brocks to be repaired. When I got it back (no charge by the way) after a couple of capsules it was doing the same again. In the end I decided to try it without the oil I cleaned it out first and guess what no leaking at all and I have not had any problems with it. The morel to this is perhaps a drop of oil will help every now and then but not to often.

I should add that the oil in question was the stuff that came with the gun from Umarex not just any old oil.
    Last edited by beagle2; 21-12-2008 at 09:22 PM.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Good info, Beagle, thank you!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Personally I won't put silicone oil anywhere near it in case it ends up in the moving parts (does horrible things in metal to metal rubbing). Crosman pellgun oil was found out to be just the same as Automatic trans fluid - this is designed to swell seals and this is why it stops co2 guns leaking. I've used it a couple of times to resurrect guns that were very leaky.
    Alfa Proj Target .177
    Drulov Eagle .177
    Diana Mod52 .177
    Drulov Condor .177
    Benjamin EB17 .177
    S&W 586 .177

Quote Originally Posted by traguar View Post
    Crosman pellgun oil was found out to be just the same as Automatic trans fluid - this is designed to swell seals and this is why it stops co2 guns leaking. I've used it a couple of times to resurrect guns that were very leaky.
    Well, stone the crows! A really handy thing to know.
    Cheers

more on it here
    pellgunoil
    Alfa Proj Target .177
    Drulov Eagle .177
    Diana Mod52 .177
    Drulov Condor .177
    Benjamin EB17 .177
    S&W 586 .177

So i should use pellgun oil on the seals of my CO2 pistols.
    And silicone oil on the seals of my Rohm top and HW100.
    www.hwownersforum.freeforums.org

[QUOTE=traguar;3202233]Crosman pellgun oil was found out to be just the same as Automatic trans fluid - QUOTE]

great find Trag, cheers fella.

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357