Thread: H E L P

H E L P

Hi Guy's,

I have a problem and I know this aint the wanted section, but got a much better chance of getting a result from you guys in here

I need a trigger for a rebuilt Gamo PT80. I am sick to death of supergluing the ruddy thing. only to get 2 or 3 shots (dry) before needing to strip it down again

Tried epoxy resin and that was worse than the superglue

Anyone got one in a spare.

I know Chambers do them but for such a small piece of plastic, I AINT gonna pay £20.

Now if it was metal I would do.

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

I know it's not a short term answer tony, but can't you carve one out of a lump of ally? Is it the blade itself that is failing?

Had though about castin a new one out of resin.

Its a bit complicated as there are 2 pivot points on it (the main pin that it levers on) and it has spring catches on it.

Its where the main pressure point is that keeps breaking

I would like a metal one as it would defo be more sturdy.

Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Hmm, sound a bit fiddly as the pivot points will be very critical to place exactly.
    You don't half persevere with that gun!
    Btw got great scores with the PPK this month, not award winning but really tightening up. I reckon someone with proper semi auto technique would be able to turn in competitive results.

Hi Tony, just a thought. Like all these pistols there is a lot of pressure on the trigger. Could there be something dragging that's puting extra strain on the trigger?

http://www.gamo.com/collage/images/p...9723/PT-80.pdf

I agree 20 pounds is a lot to pay for a 5p piece of plastic. Maybe fire off an email to Gamo telling them what a great product they have and how delighted you are with it, but could they help you out with a replacement trigger.

Experience has taught me BS goes a long, long way. You would not believe the excellent service I've had from some manufacturers all from a few complements and a little BS.

Good luck and a Merry Christmas to you and yours,

Phil

Thanks Phil,

I will give it a go, although last time I emaild Gamo, they didn't respond

I got this pistol as a "Jigsaw Puzzle" from someone on the bbs nice and cheap

Whoever owned it before me I think had tried to pull the trigger while the top slide was up; not realizing that there are multiple safeties, one for the hammer and a sprung one that kicks in when the top is open for loading.
    Said person had tried to dismantle the gun but could not put it back together again, so I recieved the gun, a tin of pellets, 5 mags a very nice dedicated laser with thumb switch, case etc for less than a quater of the price of the gun alone

Even if I have to cough up for trigger, its still a bargain.
    I just really want it working cuz I'm missing my CP99 BIG TIME and my viper holster looks daft without a gun in it

Cheers again Phil.

Seasons wishes to you and yours

Tony
    (Airgun Section)