Thread: modified skif a3000,,not for sale

Talking modified skif a3000,,not for sale

hi,,heres my modified skif,,i bought this last week,,but the double action didnt work{a common problem on the later models but ive had a lot of experience with these pistols,,and can strip them down,,and rebuild with ease,,after taking apart,i found the problem,,there is a piece of metal attached to the trigger,,and with use,this wears,,2 mins with a file sorted this,,also i experimented with another of my skifs,,,i noticed when the trigger is pulled,a large spring {surrounds the barrelis compressed,,i thought,,if i shorten this,,it will make the trigger lighten,,,so what you do is,,measure the spring,,was about 9 cm,,then i cut off about 2 cm,,then stretched the spring back to 9cm,,,,,what a difference,,,a very lighter trigger,,,with no loss of power,,,also,,the skif i bought was a lb version {long barrel,basicly a longer barrel,with a protective shroud{in no way a silencer,,,so what i did was shortened the barrel,,and silencer to match,,,but i turned the shroud into a silencer,,cos the barrel protrudes only half way into the silencer,,i also inserted some baffles,and a few port holes,,,now the silencer silences,,im keen to see what you think,,,ive changed the pics on one of my old threads,,so you can see http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/show...36#post3100136 check it out

Quote Originally Posted by neil1972 View Post
    hi,,heres my modified skif,,i bought this last week,,but the double action didnt work{a common problem on the later models but ive had a lot of experience with these pistols,,and can strip them down,,and rebuild with ease,,after taking apart,i found the problem,,there is a piece of metal attached to the trigger,,and with use,this wears,,2 mins with a file sorted this,,also i experimented with another of my skifs,,,i noticed when the trigger is pulled,a large spring {surrounds the barrelis compressed,,i thought,,if i shorten this,,it will make the trigger lighten,,,so what you do is,,measure the spring,,was about 9 cm,,then i cut off about 2 cm,,then stretched the spring back to 9cm,,,,,what a difference,,,a very lighter trigger,,,with no loss of power,,,also,,the skif i bought was a lb version {long barrel,basicly a longer barrel,with a protective shroud{in no way a silencer,,,so what i did was shortened the barrel,,and silencer to match,,,but i turned the shroud into a silencer,,cos the barrel protrudes only half way into the silencer,,i also inserted some baffles,and a few port holes,,,now the silencer silences,,im keen to see what you think,,,ive changed the pics on one of my old threads,,so you can see http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/show...36#post3100136 check it out
    I've got the LB version which gives a slightly higher velocity than the shorter barrel. However I believe the accuracy is affected coz the barrel will 'vibrate' when fired, and the longer it is the more pronounced the 'vibration' (for those not familiar with the Skif the whole barrel moves when fired, not unlike the old push-in-barrel gat guns)

I've been toying with the idea of having some kind of roller bearing assembly placed in the end of the shroud to support the barrel which should dampen down any lateral movement of the barrel and therefore improve accuracy.

Worth a try?

Quote Originally Posted by neil1972 View Post
    Dare I say the old girls looks good,

Nice job Neil.

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

okkkkkkkkkkk

thanks cookie