Thread: Webley Tempest

Webley Tempest

Hello to you all, I am looking for a .177 barrel for my Tempest must be in very good condition, I understand that Chambers do sell them (they are out of stock at present) But I wonder who makes them for Chambers? Any help will be much appreciated. Merry Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by pushbikeman View Post
    But I wonder who makes them for Chambers?

They will be old stock made by Webley in Birmingham more than four or five years ago.

I dont know about the barrels, but i have bought a rear sight elevation screw for a hurricane and a forend for a tempest from chambers. And they were clearly not original webley parts, but they did the job.
    www.hwownersforum.freeforums.org

Quote Originally Posted by pushbikeman View Post
    Hello to you all, I am looking for a .177 barrel for my Tempest must be in very good condition, I understand that Chambers do sell them (they are out of stock at present) But I wonder who makes them for Chambers? Any help will be much appreciated. Merry Christmas.
    Have you tried John Knibbs at www.airgunspares.com?
    Webley Vulcan .22, Webley Tempest .177, Beeman Kodiak .25, Beeman R9 .177, Weihrauch HW30 .177, Slavia 618 .177, Colt Commander .45ACP, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bushmaster AR-15 5.56/.223

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Chambers make some of the parts themselves, I think it says so on the website somewhere.

They're unlikely to make barrels though, the machinery for barrel making is expensive. I wonder if the barrels they sell for Webley Overlevers might be made in India? There is a firm out there that makes a copy of the Webley Senior, it wouldn't take much effort to run some Tempest or Hurricane compatible barrels off if they have the machinery for making Senior barrels. Some UK airgun firms do contract work out to Indian engineering firms already (so I have heard).

Webley Tempest

Thanks to the kind folk who replied about my hunt for a .177 barrel for the Tempest, I would prefer a genuine one. I hope someone has one hidden away and see's this thread. Happy New Year to one and all.