Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help with crosman medalist .22

need help with crosman medalist .22

hi i have bought a crosman medalist 1322 but its not working hence why i got it for £20 when i pump it i can hear the air coming out the barrel i think it might be the sealsthat are gone can somebody help me please

Needs a seal kit.

Steve Darrall will probably be able to supply.

www.sdcustomdesign.com

OR

I am happy to do it for you, cost of parts only, I work just off J21,M1 in Leicester.

Rgds
    Carl B

Thank you

Thank you carl i will get the parts then get in touch. will be after this week because of xmas and new year happy christmas
    sunny

No probs

Quote Originally Posted by sny86 View Post
    hi i have bought a crosman medalist 1322 but its not working hence why i got it for £20 when i pump it i can hear the air coming out the barrel i think it might be the sealsthat are gone can somebody help me please
    Just buy the whole valve assembly, as there are a few bits in there that can go wrong and the whole thing is cheap enough. I replaced one last year and it cost me 22 quid. Brought it from non-working (same symptoms as yours), up to 5.5 ftlbs on 10 pumps.

I have replaced the seals in at least a dozen 1300,1322 and 1377 's and have not found the need to replace the whole assy.The guns are easy to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by munchman View Post
    I have replaced the seals in at least a dozen 1300,1322 and 1377 's and have not found the need to replace the whole assy.The guns are easy to work on.
    As munchman says, there's no need to spend £22 on a £20 pistol, just put a seal kit in.

Other people to try for seals besides SD custom design are BBS members Twotitans and Gedfinn

If your stuck or unsure sny86 give me a shout and I'll rebuild it for you if you get some seals.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    As munchman says, there's no need to spend £22 on a £20 pistol, just put a seal kit in.

Other people to try for seals besides SD custom design are BBS members Twotitans and Gedfinn

If your stuck or unsure sny86 give me a shout and I'll rebuild it for you if you get some seals.

All the best Mick
    True, but mine was 30 years old, and the check valve assembly spring was looking ropey as well. I sold mine for 70 quid to a collector. Anyway they ain't manufactured in 0.22 anymore (the 1377 still retails for around 89 quid).

Besides, damned good gun, mine could do one hole groups at ten yards! Also you can mod the old check valve quite easily to do 12 ftlbs (with an extension to the pistol grip to make it legal of course). Worth spending the extra 20 quid IMO.

Merry Christmas all....

Quote Originally Posted by thechemist View Post
    True, but mine was 30 years old, and the check valve assembly spring was looking ropey as well. I sold mine for 70 quid to a collector. Anyway they ain't manufactured in 0.22 anymore (the 1377 still retails for around 89 quid).

Besides, damned good gun, mine could do one hole groups at ten yards! Also you can mod the old check valve quite easily to do 12 ftlbs (with an extension to the pistol grip to make it legal of course). Worth spending the extra 20 quid IMO
    Hi thechemist
    You're right the 1322 is a damn good gun as is the 1377, I have two that are 30 years old and one which is only 20 years old.
    I was just pointing out to sny86 that he needn't buy a complete valve assembly if only the exhaust valve is leaking.
    I have repaired exhaust valves in the past by fitting a new plastic washer to them.
    The check valves I just lap in with a mild abrasive.

The checkvalve spring is one of the first things to change if you want to take a 1322 up to 12ftlbs in carbine form. This allows the exhaust valve to open cleanly at higher pressure as in this link
    WWW.network54.com/Realm/CFTech/CFTech.htm

All the best Mick
    Last edited by T 20; 25-12-2008 at 07:07 PM.

hey thank you guys for all the infomation i would of done it myself but i dont know nothing about these things im intrested in making it full power carbine but not sure if legal so ill just stick to getting it repaired up and running

merry christmas everybody

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi thechemist
    You're right the 1322 is a damn good gun as is the 1377, I have two that are 30 years old and one which is only 20 years old.
    I was just pointing out to sny86 that he needn't buy a complete valve assembly if only the exhaust valve is leaking.
    I have repaired exhaust valves in the past by fitting a new plastic washer to them.
    The check valves I just lap in with a mild abrasive.

The checkvalve spring is one of the first things to change if you want to take a 1322 up to 12ftlbs in carbine form. This allows the exhaust valve to open cleanly at higher pressure as in this link
    WWW.network54.com/Realm/CFTech/CFTech.htm

All the best Mick
    ..you might like to look at this one then, the guy just used a dremel!

http://www.mp661k.com/sitedocs/13xx_HotRod.pdf

cheers!

Hi chemist
    I thought about posting that site up but it goes into a bit too much detail on how to make a 1322 do 14ftlb's so i didn't bother for obvious reasons.
    The Crosman site shows more of how to repair valves and tune the trigger on these pistols which I thought would be of more use to syn 86.
    Crosman hotrod is a good site all the same (i've made a booklet out of it, because I'm sad).

All the best Mick

Crossman 1322 Pre-charged !

Quote Originally Posted by sny86 View Post
    Hi, It sounds like it only needs a new Exhaust valve, !
    The early ones were full power & the later valves were modified to lower it, Albeit at the expense of wasted pumping, They could have adopted a similiar system to the Sharp, to avoid wasting 50% Extra pumping to acheive our limit, I only make my own now,

Here is a Pic of one of my 1322 Pre-charged pistols, The tube is under no pressure, It uses a slide in, precompressed unit, It runs at 125 Bar, the over large exhaust valve cannot be opened, At legal velocities, Above this pressure,
    This in my opinion is the way to go, Its set at 5.5 Fpe but unregulated it could be multiplyed ( As all precharged guns can ) & the now introduced Anti-Tamper, great gun
    What do you think,

Cheers, Ged.http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...Picture004.jpg

1377 woes

over the last 3 weeks ive had 2 of these from ASI (the importers)-on the first one the plastic(used to be steel) breech was so far off centre that no amount of sight adjustment would bring the gun on target- this gun was replaced thru my dealer in 2 days-no.2 lasted less than a day before the seals failed and the pistol became totally useless-i had one of these guns in my teens and it lasted for over 7 years in constant use b4 i finally sold it-what has happened to quality control? p.s.- the breech was off-centre on the second gun as well! p.p.s.-ive bought a umarex 586 3-barrel set, cased, for £100 -is that a good buy?-bruno.

Quote Originally Posted by bruno22rf View Post
    over the last 3 weeks ive had 2 of these from ASI (the importers)-on the first one the plastic(used to be steel) breech was so far off centre that no amount of sight adjustment would bring the gun on target- this gun was replaced thru my dealer in 2 days-no.2 lasted less than a day before the seals failed and the pistol became totally useless-i had one of these guns in my teens and it lasted for over 7 years in constant use b4 i finally sold it-what has happened to quality control? p.s.- the breech was off-centre on the second gun as well! p.p.s.-ive bought a umarex 586 3-barrel set, cased, for £100 -is that a good buy?-bruno.
    If it's any consolation bruno your not on your own.
    I have read many posts like yours on various forums.
    When the 1377 came out it was mainly made of steel, even the piston was steel for about the first six months.
    As you look at the three different phases of production I would say the Phase one pistols were the better of the three. I think they were made up to 1981, the first 3 or 4 numbers of the serial number give the date of birth (month year).
    The latter phase three guns can still be made into a good pistol but the cost soon starts to stack up.

1377 £89
    Crosman custom steel breach £30
    Crosman .22" barrel £20
    Crosman LPA MIM rearsight £30 (the original wont fit)

That's £169 just to get the top end sorted

Then as Ged says you'll need a new exhaust valve, and while you're inside the gun you may as well machine off the front of the valve chamber and fit a flat top adjustable piston to reduce the number of pump strokes needed.

That's probably the beauty of the 1377 and 1322 there is no end to what can be done to them, as below.

http://airgunartisans.com/Crosman_13xx.htm

All the best Mick