Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who got an air pistol for Christmas?

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Who got an air pistol for Christmas?

So, how many mates got a new air pistol for Christmas?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

My wife got me an HW45 in .177. I have always had Tempests and my last was a Rohm Top that was sold it a while back.
    I Just had a go with it this afternoon. The first couple of shoots sounded like a proper pistol with all the smoke and smell!! I assume it will settle down after a few more shots.

Matt

The 45 are prone to dieseling Matt, it should settle down.

Didn't get a pistol for Xmas as I'm still looking for one (2240) Santa hadn't found a scruffy/cheap(ish) one for me (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    So, how many mates got a new air pistol for Christmas?

Jim
    I didn't.
    But I did get seriously well fed

I didn't either.

Nope it didn't arrive. But it was something I treated myself to. Smith and Wesson 6".

But didn't come. God knows when it will now either cos of christmas hols.

Oh well as long as it gets here I will be one happy bloke.

B.
    Back doin' what I love.

Dad & I gave mum an Umarex CO2 S&W in Nickel - she seem 'quite pleased' !!

I treated myself to an early pressie about four weeks ago, an Aim-X in .177........

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

I had a little gift of 500 H&N Finale Match. The man in the shop said these are what all the Champion shooters use, and my daughter - aware of my aspirations but blissfully ignorant of the difference between rifles and pistols - bought me a tin for FT.

Members here will know that this is not a commonly chosen pellet for FT; FT does not require, in fact it rather prefers not to have clean round holes punched in the targets. Judging the range and the trajectory let alone the wind at 55 yards is somewhat of an art as well as a science, not made any easier by using wadcutters.

So it should be clear, what I need now is a target pistol to shoot these pellets. It seems a shame to have to wait till next Christmas so I shall be broadcasting the imminent arrival of my birthday, from the end of August.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I had a little gift of 500 H&N Finale Match. The man in the shop said these are what all the Champion shooters use, and my daughter - aware of my aspirations but blissfully ignorant of the difference between rifles and pistols - bought me a tin for FT.

Members here will know that this is not a commonly chosen pellet for FT; FT does not require, in fact it rather prefers not to have clean round holes punched in the targets. Judging the range and the trajectory let alone the wind at 55 yards is somewhat of an art as well as a science, not made any easier by using wadcutters.

So it should be clear, what I need now is a target pistol to shoot these pellets. It seems a shame to have to wait till next Christmas so I shall be broadcasting the imminent arrival of my birthday, from the end of August.

They all use these pellets at Stoke Mandeville, dad.
    Although I'm not convinced you're entirely surprised by that news.

Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

If you keep it a secret, then I'll donate them when I come up.

Nickpan is offline I love a lot of slippery, soapy men's bums!
    Xmas eve, got delivery of one of the new wave of blank firers, a 9mm Walther P99...with a fetching blue slide
    no such words as alot or ect, and do you really want to add a second 'o' in 'lose', unless you're talking about something that isn't very tight?

Hopefully I can add a yes to this thread , just waiting for confirmation of my order

I got a Umarex Beretta 92FS in Nickle. It was actually given to me by one of my patients who had been given it himself but knew that it wasn't his sort of thing. When he said he'd brought me an air pistol I was assuming it was a Gat or a rusty old Webley. Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be a brand new Beretta. My other half took one look at it and said "It doesn't look like my Beretta". She has a Beretta Silver Pigeon O/U shotgun. That was her present two years ago.

Well Santa didnt bring me one because i forgot to write him a letter.
    But i treated myself a few weeks back when i got my chreistmas bonus
    Got myself a second hand Beretta 92FS.
    I now realise shooting a pistol accurately is harder than it looks.
    The temptation of fast fire is to great to resist

Happy shootin
    BSA Superten BBK (Blueprinted), BSA Ultra SS Regged, Tanfoglio Witness, Umarex 1911
    and many, many bows and slingshots

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by mattup View Post
    My wife got me an HW45 in .177. I have always had Tempests and my last was a Rohm Top that was sold it a while back.
    I Just had a go with it this afternoon. The first couple of shoots sounded like a proper pistol with all the smoke and smell!! I assume it will settle down after a few more shots.

Matt
    Good for you, Matt! They call that one "the Holy Grail of Air Pistols!"

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone