Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Who got an air pistol for Christmas?

No pistols but got a hawke reflex red dot for my smith.
    And yesterday a simmons 2-6x32 pistol scope for my rohm top.

But can't mount either yet as don't have the appropriate rails, will have to wait a week or so for to get these.

Both presents were very kindly bought for me by myself.
    I always get myself the best presents.

Regards kelley
    www.hwownersforum.freeforums.org

Quote Originally Posted by cinstone View Post
    Yep. Shirley got me a .177" AimX pistol.

Chris.
    Bloody hell Chris , not another one

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    for christmas i got a steyr lp10 for christmas in black with really nice gold cylinders
    I have just ordered one of these LP10 's myself tiny , I went for the silver with silver cylinders , just have to wait for the rfd to phone .

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    Bloody hell Chris , not another one
    And a QB78 rifle .

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.

evening gents. Got myself a Crossman SA6 .22 from amercia, originaly impounded by custums but thanks to mr does healp got it for xmas. just waiting to get to club. atb .

Forgot to say, Shirley got a Rohm Match pistol.

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    I have just ordered one of these LP10 's myself tiny , I went for the silver with silver cylinders , just have to wait for the rfd to phone .
    I'll be interested to hear how you get on with the LP-10. At present I have an LP-5 but the club aren't very keen on people using multi shot pistols at 10 metres unless its an Umarex comp when its compulsory. Let us know your impressions of the LP-10.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon IV View Post
    I'll be interested to hear how you get on with the LP-10. At present I have an LP-5 but the club aren't very keen on people using multi shot pistols at 10 metres unless its an Umarex comp when its compulsory. Let us know your impressions of the LP-10.
    I am still waiting to hear from Sportsman as to when it will be despatched , I am not really a pistol shooter and just make up the numbers in our clubs comps . I have been borrowing club colleagues LP50s and thought it about time I got my own gun . Decided on the LP10 single shot to slow my shooting down as a tendancy too blast away with the multishot .

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Sounds like a mixed Christmas, Tony. But think of the fun you'll have with that knockdown target!

I didn't get an air pistol. Am almost embarrassed to say what I did get, since I know my UK mates miss their cartridge pistols - - but Jan got me a powderburner pistol: a Taurus Judge .45 Colt. Holds .410 shotshells, too!

Jim
    I saw the Taurus Judge in the latest Gun Digest. It has an immensely long cylinder which I suppose it would have to have to fire .410 cartridges. Have you fired a shotgun cartridge out of it yet Jim?

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Over the past week I've bought a Webley Hurricane and a Webley Senior.
    Build quality of the Senior is outstanding, and the grips aren't broken either.
    I'm gonna try making some wood grips and keep the originals safely tucked away.

I got a 1911 blank firer from my daughter, & I'm waiting for a 28yr old mint,boxed Crosman 1322 Medalist which was posted today & have just bought a Gamo R77 combat with laser within the last five minutes!!
    (Yes it is me paying for the last two!!!)

I also received, but haven't seen yet, a Norica Storm 177, new, which I liked the look of which is for my birthday (in February!!!) a joint pressy from the wife & two daughters
    I JUST LOVE GUNS
    Dave

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I saw the Taurus Judge in the latest Gun Digest. It has an immensely long cylinder which I suppose it would have to have to fire .410 cartridges. Have you fired a shotgun cartridge out of it yet Jim?
    The cylinder DOES look odd! No, I haven't test fired it with shotshells yet but have with .45 Colt pistol cartridges and was surprised how pleasant it was to shoot.

Here, I can shoot air guns in my backyard, and cartridge pistols at an indoor range, but shotguns / shotshells, rifles, and black powder are a problem as I don't have ready access to an outside range or safe and legal outdoor shooting space. Indoor ranges generally don't allow rifles (at least, not in rifle calibers), shot, or black powder.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim McArthur; 03-01-2009 at 09:34 PM.
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    have with .45 Colt pistol cartridges and was surprised how pleasant it was to shoot.

Jim
    Your making me very envious James

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

i have been training with the lp10 and the results are pleasing the grip is about the only thing i need to adjust and it is not a lot to adjust just a little bit to remove here and there scores are improving all the time.... in short very happy with my purchase more to follow

Tried my Aim X out at Aldersley N.S.R.A Shooting Centre last week. Gets very heavy if you hang around too much before shooting, but, even with my lame efforts, is as accuate as an accurate thing.

Chris.