Thread: Quarry

Quarry

I’m glad you all seemed to enjoy the shoot as you wouldn’t believe the things that have gone wrong for us leading up to the shoot but that’s another story.

Firstly I would like to say a few thanks, to all the shooters who turned up for the venue, to all the marshals and helpers, to some of the Quarry members who decided to help, Deben/Hawke for sponsoring the round and BASC for sponsoring the Junior and Recoiling class.

Now a few well done’s
    Dave Stancomb for coming first in the singles with a cracking 60 awesome shooting and to Bones and GaryC with an excellent 59(I still say Bones put me off on target 3).
    Again to Dave who beat myself, Sam Stancomb and Shaggypack in the Night comp shoot off, To Lea Valley for taking the Team and beating Quarry on our own ground (the 2nd place trophies were supposed to be for them, not to feel left out as they have done all season), Thomas McDonald for top Junior I’m glad he wants to shoot in the Junior and not the overall with the scores he gets one last thing although there is no Official Ladies comp and never has been a well done to Samantha Stancomb for a cracking 55 on the day.

If I have forgotten anyone/anything above I apologise.

Right a few other things now, the 1 target 1 peg seemed to go down well and confession time now we were a bit sneaky at Quarry we threw in a few 30mm and 45mm targets in, but as you can see by the scores there were no disadvantage at all!!

And I also see all the HFT moaners didn’t turn up again, strange that;

One last thing going back to the Ladies, if you all get together and have a chat and if you do want an official class the Organisers can sort something but please remember that then it would be like the Juniors and Recoiling you would not count in the overall and remember the Women can shoot just as good as the men so would you rather 1st Lady or 1st overall? As imagine a Lady taking top shot on the day and not being Singles champ just like young Thomas at Millride.

Next Round is at Chester on the 25th of July please contact Nev for further details.

It was good while it lasted
    Pete

Gary C Guest
    I said it in private Pete and I'll repeat it in public.

The best HFT yet in terms of shooter enjoyment. A perfect mix of easy, tricky and hard. Even a little trap for the careless.

Nice work mate

JDP is offline Tricktickler J. Valentine
    If HFT continues in this vein it can only go from strength to strength.
    Well done to all the winners and to the Quarry crew for all their hard work - it paid off.
    nice one.
    cheers

CZ 452 .17HMR Silhouette CZ 452 .22lr American AYA sideplate model 25 Churchill rib HW98 .22 -for sale Anschutz 1700 .222 double set trigger

another great day out, as usual, great course and ive got my personal best score

The Sat night shoot was fun to!

Good laugh kicking a football around to.

Matt

steven is offline Whist - it's the new rock'n'roll, innit?

Re: Quarry

Originally posted by sparky

And I also see all the HFT moaners didn’t turn up again, strange that;

Pete
    Yep .. I couldn't make it to this one!

Sounds like it was my loss - well done Pete ( and your tireless team of organisers & Marshals)

Hope Chester is just as good!

Regards,
    Steven

Koz Guest

Thanks

Thanks to the Sparky and the UKAHFT/Quarry Hardcore for all your hard work in putting up such a good show and for putting up with my moaning (it's only pain ).

Congrats to the excellent high scorers especially Dave for that clear round, UKAHFT's first!!!

Yup, well done everyone involved.......and especially to the winners. Great shooting Dave, Tom, Mark....and everybody else.

ATB
    Dribble

dwb Guest
    an official Lady class NO
    this is why
    B.F.T.A. Championships 2004
    TAYLOR JENNIE 36
    TAYLOR IAN 36
    JENNIE WON in a SHOOT OFF imagine a Lady taking top shot on the day it has already happened
    the Ladies are already knocking on the door and the Man are a afraid

DWBaines

The Golden Shot Guest
    thank you Peter, Gazo and all your little helpers that turned up, it was a most enjoyable event, the I target 1 peg did seem to work quite well, I asked a few people as they went around as to there feelings and on the hole nearly all liked it ground permitting and targets, I think it's a winning formula well done

Congratulations to Dave and Mark and all the other finalist's. Some top class marksmanship today

A big well done to the organisors for another well thought out and challenging course and the great venue, if it was'nt for you guy's, HFT would not be what it is today.
    Also congratulations to Sam Stancombe for a well deserved win in the ladies comp.
    And what can i say about Lea Valley except.......C'mon.

Owen
    .177 Barrel + MTC Viper 10 x 44

Congrats to all the pot winners and many thanks to Pete for letting me do some work
    Kev
    You laugh at me because I'm strange I laugh at you because your stupid!
    A Turkey is for Christmas not for life.