I’m glad you all seemed to enjoy the shoot as you wouldn’t believe the things that have gone wrong for us leading up to the shoot but that’s another story.

Firstly I would like to say a few thanks, to all the shooters who turned up for the venue, to all the marshals and helpers, to some of the Quarry members who decided to help, Deben/Hawke for sponsoring the round and BASC for sponsoring the Junior and Recoiling class.

Now a few well done’s
Dave Stancomb for coming first in the singles with a cracking 60 awesome shooting and to Bones and GaryC with an excellent 59(I still say Bones put me off on target 3).
Again to Dave who beat myself, Sam Stancomb and Shaggypack in the Night comp shoot off, To Lea Valley for taking the Team and beating Quarry on our own ground (the 2nd place trophies were supposed to be for them, not to feel left out as they have done all season), Thomas McDonald for top Junior I’m glad he wants to shoot in the Junior and not the overall with the scores he gets one last thing although there is no Official Ladies comp and never has been a well done to Samantha Stancomb for a cracking 55 on the day.

If I have forgotten anyone/anything above I apologise.

Right a few other things now, the 1 target 1 peg seemed to go down well and confession time now we were a bit sneaky at Quarry we threw in a few 30mm and 45mm targets in, but as you can see by the scores there were no disadvantage at all!!

And I also see all the HFT moaners didn’t turn up again, strange that;

One last thing going back to the Ladies, if you all get together and have a chat and if you do want an official class the Organisers can sort something but please remember that then it would be like the Juniors and Recoiling you would not count in the overall and remember the Women can shoot just as good as the men so would you rather 1st Lady or 1st overall? As imagine a Lady taking top shot on the day and not being Singles champ just like young Thomas at Millride.

Next Round is at Chester on the 25th of July please contact Nev for further details.

It was good while it lasted
Pete