Thread: Zos 10-40x60 FT scope A beginners take on a cheap way in to FT

Zos 10-40x60 FT scope A beginners take on a cheap way in to FT

After blowing virtually all my savings on my Mk3 FTR i was struggling to find an FT scope i could afford.

Reading one of the forums i found a thread started by a guy called "Holly" who asked the question "can a cheap scope hack it in FT?
    reading the thread he was talking about the Zos side focus scope, so to cut a long story short i bought one.

I paid £120 (i think) including postage from the bay.
    Mine came from the States and came with nowt but the scope, protective end caps with elastic threads to hold them on, and the box.
    ive found out since you can get them from China although its the 50mm one with mounts and a big sidewheel for the same price DOH!

I bought a set of high Sportsmatch mounts £30 ouch!
    a 3" dia sidewheel from Fox Firearms in Stockport for the princely sum of £5 posted and bolted it on to the gun.
    I spray painted yellow lines every five yards from 5 to 55 on the road at the back of the house and calibrated the sidewheel then took it to Tawd and zeroed it in at 35yds.

A very nice man called Terry Almond helped me out and let me copy his click chart.
    The scope has nice positive click turrets with clear 1/8 MOA markings and a vernier scale on the turret body.
    Its available with either mil dot or Nato reticules and either 50 or 60 mil objectives.

Its a big chunky (read heavy) piece of kit and looks like its built to last.
    The objective bell has a huge 65mm thread for a sunshade and so far i cant find anyone who sells em! (Ive since found another fleabay seller who does them)
    The rear eyepiece has a fast focus ring and mine also has an illuminated ret with 11 settings. If you use this on full its much too bright and shows up the rather rough finish inside the tube.

One problem i have found with it is it wont focus below 17yds. I have been told this is a reasonably easy fix and you can either adjust the front lense which i don't fancy doing (what happens to the nitrogen fill when you disturb the seal?) or punch a 1/4"dia hole in a pringles tube and stick that on the front! Mmm

The scope repeats the distances ive marked out on the sidewheel every time and a few of the clubs better shooters have given it the thumbs up.

Ive seen quite a few of them since i bought mine and they are all badged differently? So all in all i think for the money its an excellent starter scope and worth every penny, but then ive never used a "proper FT scope"
    BFTA B grade champion 2012
    Tawd Vale Field Target and Air Rifle club
    Proud to be the home of British and World Champions

paul i screwed the end lens out on mine and it goes down to about 10 yards and out to about 65 yards then i set my side wheel up the glass is nowhere as good as a niko but it range finds and i like mine well worth 111 quid i paid came with sunshade mounts ( which were rubbish ) and big side wheel plus a little screw driver and end caps great