Thread: BP versions of modern revolvers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pyrodex is offline "Bother" said Pooh, as he hid Piglets corpse..

BP versions of modern revolvers?

just a thought, can you get BP cap and ball versions of modern revolvers? im asking for a slot for .44 or .45 and fancy something a little different..
    if not is there a gap in the market?
    There is no "I" in "Team", but there are four in "Platitude-Quoting Idiot".

Do you know I've often thought there would be a market for such a thing. A nice S & W 686 or a Taurus with a 6in barrel that fired .36 wadcutters. Sadly I know of no such thing. I've often thought it would be worth some enterprising Italian making a perfect copy of a Beaumont Adams revolver. I tried one a few years ago and considering the gun was 140 years old, the double action was remarkably smooth. How about it Euroarms?

How about one of these !

If you want something different how about the Patriot

The Patriot is a muzzle loading nitro burning ISSF centrefire section one pistol.The firepower emanates from a five shot magazine block which is loaded with individual components from the front.

http://www.glossover.co.uk/blog/?p=426

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
    If you want something different how about the Patriot

The Patriot is a muzzle loading nitro burning ISSF centrefire section one pistol.The firepower emanates from a five shot magazine block which is loaded with individual components from the front.

http://www.glossover.co.uk/blog/?p=426
    I have fired a Patriot and found it surprisingly accurate. I think my best score on a PL7 at 25 metres was 85 but I'm sure I could have improved it with a bit more practice. No longer made sadly as it provided something a bit different.

modern muzzle loader

Hi fellas, just looking through january 2009 issue of target sports and westlake engineering are advertising a taurus .38 muzzle loading conversion using nitro powder,shotgun primers and firing wadcutters.
    Spring gun sniper!! good deals with crabbitoldgit,mongo,Adam16,doogie and skunky

Pyrodex is offline "Bother" said Pooh, as he hid Piglets corpse..
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjester View Post
    Hi fellas, just looking through january 2009 issue of target sports and westlake engineering are advertising a taurus .38 muzzle loading conversion using nitro powder,shotgun primers and firing wadcutters.
    nice thats more like what im after..
    There is no "I" in "Team", but there are four in "Platitude-Quoting Idiot".

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon IV
    I couldn't find a copy of January's Target Sports
    Copy of Target Sports ad. here.
    Last edited by Mr. Gain; 08-01-2009 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gain View Post
    Copy of Target Sports ad. here.
    Linky no worky ...

Thumbs up

Should work now!

Sorry - fat fingers!

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gain View Post
    Should work now!
    It does!

Well, it started off as a conventional DA cartridge revolver. It still looks like one: has the same construction and dimensions: fires smokeless powder: and while it's still a muzzleloader, and apparently a slow pain in the arse to reload..... under present UK law, I believe it's the closest thing to an operational, conventional. modern, smokeless cartridge pistol you're going to get.

Living in the US, it would be interesting to me mainly as a novelty. The LBR's, though, strike me as something that fill their own niche in the firearms world. While I'll probably never own one, I'd like to fire one some day. But probably never will get a chance.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    The LBR's, though, strike me as something that fill their own niche in the firearms world. While I'll probably never own one, I'd like to fire one some day. But probably never will get a chance.

Jim
    I'll swap you mine for an M1911 Jim?

Any M1911 at all

Rich
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.