Thread: BP versions of modern revolvers?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Its the sum of the parts that makes the gun. All the frames are the same. There is nothing diffrent between a medium and large frame and the frame of an LBR. The diffrence is if it was imported with the shorter barrel on. If It was in the eyes of the law it couldnt be anything other than section 5 as Taurus themselves dont do BP pistols. However if it was just a frame and was built on and registerd as a black powder pistol I see no issuse.

It has been pointed out on this forum before by RFD's that the parts themselves are not classed. If they were it would make doing repairs on LBR's nigh on impossible.

Ps Jim..... Dont I know It that federal law classes Grips as Gun parts I wanted a set of Hogue Square Butt Checkered Coco Bolo . However the limit on gunparts export without an export liscence from the state department is $100 and when I looked the grips were $108. Looks like I will have to get them when Im over later this year then

I always though the federal laws on gun parts were confusing. I never quite understood why If a ruger 10/22 reciever was registerd as a rifle you couldnt use it on a ruger charger build. Aslo if it was registerd before a certain date you can use a folding stock and after that date you cant. Then there was that whole SBR tax and a tax on Silencers. Same with Ar15 uppers for AR pistols. Its a mine field of gun laws and it seems to be diffrent in every state. I did quite a bit of shooting last time I was over Nevada was great for shooting but california wasnt, too many wierd laws
    Last edited by chrismetallica1; 22-01-2009 at 11:18 PM.