Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BP versions of modern revolvers?

Arrow Conversion

I tried one of these....the conversion cylinder has to be removed from the pistol and reloaded in a small press this makes it a real pain in the ar*e at the range having to take a press,primers and pre measured charges of powder, not to mention the look of horror from club officials as your stood on a firing point reloading with a press you can only use very small amounts of nitro powder around 3 grains so they are very light loads and it's £300 just for the cylinder
    You can always buy a ruger old army ! designed from scratch an made in 1973 remember most "modern" revolver designs date from the 1950's or buy a Taurus LBR you don't notice the length after a while, Prior to the ban my favorite in my collection was my Smith & Wesson Mod 29 with an 8 3/8" barrel in 44 mag so we are only talking 3 1/2" for the Taurus.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
    .... or buy a Taurus LBR you don't notice the length after a while, Prior to the ban my favorite in my collection was my Smith & Wesson Mod 29 with an 8 3/8" barrel in 44 mag so we are only talking 3 1/2" for the Taurus.
    Plus the length of the extension rod (12 inches or so):which could be a pro or con, depending on whether you want to look at it as a #######ization of a pistol, or as a handy brace for a pistol.

Personally, I'd like to own an LBR.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Taurus Brace

Plus the length of the extension rod (12 inches or so):which could be a pro or con
    I had the "Coat Hanger" style arm brace taken off mine and replaced with a straight thin stainless rod (still legal length)that runs downwards at a slight angle with a small bob weight at the end which can be moved along the rod, so you can get the balance spot on to suit your own style looks much better than the original and cost me £60 to have done.

I own a Taurus .357 LBR and it doesn't feel like a pistol at all. I've been in contact with Alan Westlake since this thread started and he sent me a picture of his prototype and it does look very good. Like a proper revolver in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon IV
    I couldn't find a copy of January's Target Sports
    Copy of Target Sports ad. here.
    Last edited by Mr. Gain; 08-01-2009 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gain View Post
    Copy of Target Sports ad. here.
    Linky no worky ...

Thumbs up

Should work now!

Sorry - fat fingers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gain View Post
    Should work now!
    It does!

Well, it started off as a conventional DA cartridge revolver. It still looks like one: has the same construction and dimensions: fires smokeless powder: and while it's still a muzzleloader, and apparently a slow pain in the arse to reload..... under present UK law, I believe it's the closest thing to an operational, conventional. modern, smokeless cartridge pistol you're going to get.

Living in the US, it would be interesting to me mainly as a novelty. The LBR's, though, strike me as something that fill their own niche in the firearms world. While I'll probably never own one, I'd like to fire one some day. But probably never will get a chance.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    The LBR's, though, strike me as something that fill their own niche in the firearms world. While I'll probably never own one, I'd like to fire one some day. But probably never will get a chance.

Jim
    I'll swap you mine for an M1911 Jim?

Any M1911 at all

Rich
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    I'll swap you mine for an M1911 Jim?

Any M1911 at all

Rich
    I bet a lot of UK shooters feel the same way, Richard!

Jim

If all goes well this is the photo Alan Westlake sent me. s555.photobucket.com/albums/jj451/NapoleonIV_photo/
    Last edited by Napoleon IV; 09-01-2009 at 03:18 PM.

OOOPS I beleive I just did a sex wee LOL
    Don't worry it only seems kinky the first time

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    OOOPS I beleive I just did a sex wee LOL
    Bad boy!

Jim

What costy ??????

Roy