Thread: Feinwerkbau springers - 65/80/90. Missing anything?

Feinwerkbau springers - 65/80/90. Missing anything?

Hi,

I'm a newbie here - have shot with airguns all my life, but now want to try target shooting.

So far, I have narrowed the choice to an FWB springer with the following conclusions:

65 - excellent and consistent springer with recoil reduction system. Recoil system can be disabled and trigger allows change of setting for free pistol practice.

80 - dedicated target air pistol with improved trigger settings, optional barrel weights to improve balance and adjustable aperture to rear sight.

90 - electronic trigger improves consistency and allows dry firing, but will batteries be available long term? Also, if the electronic trigger was so good, why was it not used on later CO2 / CA models?

100/102/103 - hard to find and expensive, so have eliminated these for the moment.

Am I missing anything? Any further comments?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts...

Regards,

ktemplar

Quote Originally Posted by ktemplar View Post
    100/102/103 - hard to find and expensive, so have eliminated these for the moment.
    These three were single stroke pneumatic pistols. Not so hard to find on egun.de but the euro/pound rate is against you.

I think most of the 65s made, apart from the earliest models, also had adjustable rear sight apertures.

Thanks....

Had looked at the 100/02/03 - but seem to be going for big money at the moment. The hunt goes on...

FWB 65 and 90

Hi Ive used a FWB 65 for years and feel this , for me at least , is as good as a spring pistol can get. The two later pistols the 80 and 90 differ in that the triggers are more advanced [ although the 65 is hard to beat when set for 500 grammes ] the 65 has a fixed blade position, which suits me but may not suit everyone. The trigger for the blade and mounting for 80 seems very like that of the old FWB 300 rifle and therefore ajustable for position and reach. The question for me with regard to the 90 is , will the pistol only work when the electronic trigger is functioning or is there a mechanical system in place as well ? . Anyone own one of these who could let me know

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmbevan View Post
    The question for me with regard to the 90 is , will the pistol only work when the electronic trigger is functioning or is there a mechanical system in place as well ? . Anyone own one of these who could let me know
    Did Malcolm ever get an answer to this ?

AND I saw on another thread somewhere that Surrey Guns had repaired a defective electronic trigger - can anyone give an update on the question of availability of or repair of FWB 90 electronic triggers in the UK or Europe?

TIA

John
    Last edited by Gnr527; 02-11-2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Gnr527 View Post
    Did Malcolm ever get an answer to this ?

John
    The 90 will only work with the electronic trigger.

The trigger closes a switch which in turn through the electronics discharges a capacitor to energise a solenoid which trips the sear system.

I own a few of the above mentioned Feinwerkbau's and they are all fantastic.

The 60, 80 and 90 are perhaps a little top heavy compared with the modern PCP ones, but they still shoot very well indeed in the right hands.

HTH

Mark