Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: January Police Pistol Competition Thread AND Side Match!

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

January Police Pistol Competition Thread AND Side Match!

Aye, mates, that time is comin' around again when you can take out that trusty repeater and shoot out that bad bloke's black heart!

I'm talkin', of course, about the UBC's monthly Police Pistol Competition. The January round starts this coming Saturday, the 10th, and ends on midnight Sunday (as Sunday becomes Monday: your midnight or mine, whichever comes later), January 18.

Since we started this with an "open" competition - which is to say, iron and optical sights shooting in the same category - for October and November, and then switched to separate Iron and Optical categories begining in December, I'm going to leave the first two months as they are: then start the Leader Board commencing with the December scores.

######## AND ######## Starting in January, we're going to have Side Matches also!

The first one is going to involve the "Mozambique Drill", using our standard Bad Guy target.

You see, the Bad Guy this month is wearing body armour!

Your pistol is very powerful - if it looks like a revolver, it's a .357: if it looks like an autoloader, it's a .45 - so it has a lot of impact, but it will only stun him: it won't penetrate the body armour.

BUT, you'll first have to hit him with 2 quick body shots - "doubletaps" - to learn that. You see that he's stunned but that he doesn't go down, so you need to follow up with a quick shot to the head.

Because of his body armour, your body hits to the 10, 9, or 8 zone will count as the scoring circle shows (10, 9, or 8), but your 7's or less count as zero.

And for the head shot, a hit to the 10 ring in the head counts as such, but a hit anywhere else counts as zero.

So, your maximum score on the Bad Guy (hereinafter, BG) is 30.

But wait, he's not alone! There are 2 other BG's, and they both need to be taken out the same way.

So, the maximum total score is 90.

Because this is a Side Shoot and these will vary every time they're shot, there will be no Leader Board.

Also, this is an optional shoot, separate from the repetitive, regular monthly Police competition, and will require you to use separate targets and score them separately.

All pistols / sights etc. shoot in the same category.

Any questions?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Cool!

This is gonna be a toughie

Can I use AP Pellets in my guns Jim (there fused and can penetrate body armour very well)

Speaking of bodya armour!
    I was thinking of the best backstop for use in my garden the other day.
    I should not have sold mine when I left my last job, the multi layer Kevlar would have been perfect for it.

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Cool!

This is gonna be a toughie

Can I use AP Pellets in my guns Jim (there fused and can penetrate body armour very well)

Speaking of bodya armour!
    I was thinking of the best backstop for use in my garden the other day.
    I should not have sold mine when I left my last job, the multi layer Kevlar would have been perfect for it.

Tony

Backstop? Hell, the way society is going, you should have kept it for its original intended use.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Like the sound of that, it's going to be fun, i only hope i have time to shoot all these comps.

Keep up the good work Jim.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Like the sound of that, it's going to be fun, i only hope i have time to shoot all these comps.

Keep up the good work Jim.

atvb

Jason
    Thanks, Cookie!

Time, aye, there's the rub! These next few days are going to be especially bad for Jan and I, with the Battle of New Orleans reenactment coming up in just 2 days!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Thanks, Cookie!

Time, aye, there's the rub! These next few days are going to be especially bad for Jan and I, with the Battle of New Orleans reenactment coming up in just 2 days!

Jim
    That sounds a whole lot of fun Jim, do post some pics for us to share.

Have fun, Phil

I'll try to get Jan to take and post some pics, Phil. But there's info about our groups (pics too!) if you want to check us out at

baratarians@yahoogroups.com

Jim

Hi Jim
    Thats an email address buddy

Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Yeah, computer illiterate that I am, I can never get the hang of that "enter directly" thing: and in this case, I don't think such would work anyway, because it's a Yahoo Group, NOT a web site.

But if you can get into Yahoo Groups, then check out "baratarians" (I believe there are 2 such: the one you want features several blokes firing the cannon...obscuring smokes..."Ghosts of Barataria...").

Jim

Will try and get the link and post it for you Jim, if its anything like the MSN groups I can do it. Get back to you shortly

Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Will try and get the link and post it for you Jim, if its anything like the MSN groups I can do it. Get back to you shortly

Tony
    Will you be getting your 'nurse' to help?
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Will you be getting your 'nurse' to help?
    oooooooooh you are getting cheekier by the minute

There are 4 nurses there 2 of whom are gorgeous

Droooooollllllllll

Slurp, stop hijacking jims thread you!!!!
    (Airgun Section)

oooooooooh you are getting cheekier by the minute

There are 4 nurses there 2 of whom are gorgeous

Droooooollllllllll

Slurp, stop hijacking jims thread you!!!!
    Wake up Tony WAKE UP

It's amazing how you can dream & type at the same time

oh yeah sorry Jim
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Well, gorgeous nurses or not, Tony was true to his word: and he says to go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/baratarians/

Tony also says that the photos are in the Members section: but, that's not a problem: anyone is welcome to join, no moderator approval is needed.

There ARE 2 moderators: both of them are good friends of mine!

Lurkers are welcome, but not spammers. One of the moderators LOVES shooting down spammers!

Jim

Police comp and Side Match begin today!

Don't forget: our Police Pistol Competition and Side Match begin today!

Jim