Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: January Police Pistol Competition Thread AND Side Match!

A Big Thanks as always to you Jim for running another great comp.

Well done to all who entered, Phil I really thought you would of had the top spot this month. But the Biggest Well Done has to go to our Jan, for getting Gold in the Side shoot.

Keep that lead flying guy's

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Thanks, Cookie. And Jan will be delighted to hear your congratulations!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by swiftnbold View Post
    Would it be infringing anyones copyright if I sent the target to a commercial printer?

Anyone else interested in getting some proper card targets made?
    Quick legal answer is yes it would. But who's????? as there is no copy-right mentioned on the target or indeed the pdf author.

Who supplied us with this target?, I can find out but it will take time as I have a lot on at the moment

I would defo be interested in having a club card target printed.

I can also look into this if required, but again it will take me some time.

Oh yes, well done to all (cant believe I have gone from silver to ######) with the 357

Well done JIM & Cookie WOW

ATB

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Tony,

Thought so, but wasn't sure if it had been designed by someone at UBC that could give the okay.

The pdf would also have to be a high quality one (300dpi) as what prints out from a computer would not be able to be commercially printed. Let me know how you get on - alternatively I might give one of our designers a lunch hour job

I've got some 300 - 350 - 400gsm card on its way and I'll post a photo of the pellet impacts once I've had a chance to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftnbold View Post

I've got some 300 - 350 - 400gsm card on its way and I'll post a photo of the pellet impacts once I've had a chance to test it.
    Now THERE's the idea: let's see what works, first.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Thanks, Tony.

Don't worry: you'll be back shooting like your usual self next month.

Cheers,

Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Quick legal answer is yes it would. But who's????? as there is no copy-right mentioned on the target or indeed the pdf author.

Who supplied us with this target?, I can find out but it will take time as I have a lot on at the moment

I would defo be interested in having a club card target printed.

I can also look into this if required, but again it will take me some time.

Oh yes, well done to all (cant believe I have gone from silver to ######) with the 357

Well done JIM & Cookie WOW

ATB

Tony

Hi Guys & Gals.

The Leader Board & Side Shoot details are updated & on the Competition Website.

>>HERE<<

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Thanks, Paddy!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    A Big Thanks as always to you Jim for running another great comp.

Well done to all who entered, Phil I really thought you would of had the top spot this month. But the Biggest Well Done has to go to our Jan, for getting Gold in the Side shoot.

Keep that lead flying guy's

atvb

Jason

Well done Jason, good score. I was all psyched up to shoot the card. Put the first 6 down and they were all over the place. Thought the sight was loose, no. The locking nut on the barrel end was loose and wobbling about. Tightened it up and off I went, too late the damage to the score was done. Anyway, there's always next month, I better start thinking up a good excuse now just in case it's needed

As I said in an earlier posting, watch out for Jan, she's just gonna creep up on us smart ar$es. Well done Jan, we're proud of yer and not forgetting our Jim's outstanding performance, well done mate

Good luck, Phil

Can we call a halt to the whole thing now, before my predictable descent begins.

AA S410K .22, BSA Supersport .22, HW40 .177, Umarex Berretta 92fs .177 Webley Junior .177 (1954)

My wife Jan says to tell you that you must be a smart gambler, 38: you know when to quit when you're ahead.

I'm with you: the hard part about doing well, once, is doing better, next time!

Jim