Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
My take on this, Roberto, is that the barrel has nothing to do with it.

A smoothbore barrel can get better groups than that.

The gun's recoil on the other hand probably has a lot to do with it. As hytyger is suggesting, try de-tuning a bit.

If the velocity drops too much because it's a .25, you may consider buying a used, complete with breechblock, HW barrel off here, in .22. Not sure whether it would have to be a 90 barrel or if other HW break barrel guns barrels c/w breechblock will fit - you'll have to find that out for yourself.

Personally except in PCPs at 40-50 ft/lbs+, I am not a fan of the .25 - too much commitment needed!!

One other thing to check - the lockup of the barrel. *Possibly* the recoil may be causing the barrel to "open" which of course would be no good. However I would expect vertical groups in such case.

My 90 is FAC, actually runs @19FP, but have tested it from 15 up to 21..same story. Completely inconsistent.
Sometimes there are some good spots, but nothing special, average groups are always 1,5-2" (with the best pellets..).

Belive me when I say I've tried everithing: seals, gas ram seals, schrader valve, muzzle recrowning, barrel joining new washers, lapping the barrel and so on. Also tried a new barrel of same caliber...
Tested also a couple of different 90 same caliber but no difference.
I know about the recoil management, ma dont think this is the issue (I've a bit of experience, owning many other FAC airguns: Eliminator, Patriot, HW80, Diana 52...).

Really I think there are no other things to do..., except to test a new barrel, meaning a different kind of barrel. For this reason I was thinking on polygon, or may be at the Taylor's smooth-twist...

In my experience, the only springer in 25 that is capable to shot good groups at FAc levels (18-21FP) is the Diana 48/52; with a good tuning kit prints 1,5-2" at 50 yards...

So, make this rifle shooting better groups is becaming a real challenge for me.

every suggestion is well accepted