Thread: Isn't it time that Umarex produced some Cowboy guns?

Isn't it time that Umarex produced some Cowboy guns?

I think I mentioned in an earlier thread how I'd helped a friend set up an impromptu shooting range for air weapons at a Western get together for Western enthusiasts. We used a Umarex Winchester lever action rifle and two very expensive air cartridge pistols when they were available. The air cartridge pistols were a pain because they took so long to reload and we only had 12 cartridges. Isn't it high time that Umarex produced some good quality copies of the Colt SAA or the S&W Schofield or the cartridge Remington. I think they would have a guaranteed market of Westerners everywhere around the world.

I agree! Id definately buy a replica colt navy or similar.
    I think these were produced at some point. I saw one on here a while back in sales. Shame i wasnt a member at the time!

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Add my name to the list!

If they can produce look-alike versions of modern revolvers and auto pistols, why not percussion and SA cartridge revolvers?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Well, there's plenty of cowboys in the UBC, that's for sure!

I think I'm right in saying that all the single-action Colt and Remington style revolvers that Crosman made had the CO2 cartridge in an enlarged housing under the barrel. Maybe the shape of the grip and frame doesn't give enough room to fit a CO2 cartridge in there, at least if you want to preserve the original outline (which Umarex presumably would).

Iain

I aligned a 12gm CO2 capsule with the grip of my Ruger Old Army which is a very similar shape to a Colt SAA and I would think it could be squeezed in with a bit of clever redesign.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Good thinking, Napoleon. It might not match 100%, but this is all about fun, not 100% authenticity.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone