Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proper Webley's vs Turkish Webley's

Were any of the (later) Webley pistols made in Turkey, do you know? I bought a Tempest from Bates in Stafford in 2005 (to replace the Hurricane I had sold in 1978) and I just assumed it was made in Birmingham. One of the last I guess, too.

Quote Originally Posted by slug-gun View Post
    The 'Turkish' Webleys might not be an issue much longer, as apparently Webley have gone into administration again.
    Birmingham made Webleys will become even more desirable, if production stops and even a Turkish made gun becomes a thing of the past?
    Thank Christ! Where did you hear of "Webley" going down the pan again?
    Webley Vulcan .22, Webley Tempest .177, Beeman Kodiak .25, Beeman R9 .177, Weihrauch HW30 .177, Slavia 618 .177, Colt Commander .45ACP, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bushmaster AR-15 5.56/.223

Tempest

You are ok Benkmade41, I do know the pistols, Hurricane and Tempest were all made in brummie. You were lucky, bought my first Tempest in 1977, sold it later on after much use and wish I bought another in 2005. My brother bought one of the last in 2006.
    BSA & Webley

Tempest etc

gt550a,

Thanks. In 2005 I bought the Tempest on a whim from Bates, little knowing that I was buying one of the last. In hindsight, it isn't such a surprise that the company has folded - while the pistol was fine (just like the Hurricane I bought 30 years before) it came in a plain brown unlabelled and unmarked box. Contrast that with the lovely presentation box the Hurricane came in in the 70s. The packaging budget had obviously gone west, a harbinger of the subsequent total collapse.

Super Shooter Guest

Have they

Has Webley gone down the proverbial British plug hole??

I gues it may be on the companies house website

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    No they are back up and running as Webley International. It was some sort of business 'arrangement', some change of management and personnel as well. Lets see how they do now...

Super Shooter Guest
    I wonder if Terry B is still there?

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    They should sort out that awful website of theirs. It's that bad I crossed them off my list when I was looking for a rifle. They don't seem to realise that the internet is now the fist thing people look at for product information.
    I sent a polite email to them regarding the website, mentioning the fact it's probably losing them sales, and of course received no reply.
    I bought an Air Arms instead and have no intention of ever selling it.

It proves that the Turkey Turd Webleys are crap because nearly all the Webley springers for sale are? yes you guessed it, TURKISH!!! I will never buy another Webley all the time they are being made abroad as it is princple. It is like the Britsh Bull dog being made in China. Not much else British to be proud of, there is nothing left 99% of it has gone?: Hang on i will just get off my soap box!!!!

Food for thought,
    Kev

Super Shooter Guest
    hopefully the Proper Webleys wont get tarnished and i dont mean the Blueing Lol

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Quote Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
    They should sort out that awful website of theirs. It's that bad I crossed them off my list when I was looking for a rifle. They don't seem to realise that the internet is now the fist thing people look at for product information.
    I sent a polite email to them regarding the website, mentioning the fact it's probably losing them sales, and of course received no reply.
    I bought an Air Arms instead and have no intention of ever selling it.
    Glad some body else hates it too! Lots of flashy over active graphics for no purpose. Inadequate pictures of their products or even info on what they do and do not produce now.

you all know what i think of ''webley'' after 2005

When I mentioned Webley were going on 23/12/08 no-one seemed to want to believe me.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333784

ATB
    Ray.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Raygun View Post
    When I mentioned Webley were going on 23/12/08 no-one seemed to want to believe me.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333784

ATB
    Ray.
    HI RAY
    i think webley WENT a long time ago and should have been left to rest in peace instead of bringing out all this crap with the WEBLEY name on it
    i bought a tommy last week from BAR and that will go with my VULCAN / OMEGA / C1s ( proper WEBLEYS )
    Last edited by mallyally; 17-01-2009 at 03:03 PM. Reason: hiccup