Thread: Crossman 140/1400

Crossman 140/1400

Hi, After reading Mallyally,s report on the 1400, I have 2, 140,s One a bit of a basket case, ( I bought it off Langbayart ) Hiya mate, It was missing some parts, I had most & purchased some, The Pump head was Knac Knack Bust, so I made one with a new pump head & 2, O rings,

When I got into the gun, I have done many, But I forgot how precise the locations are, The impressed indent to hold the Exhaust valve assembly was gone, And I had to re-punch.
    This gun has the same Blowoff type Exhaust valve system as the Innova, Its just the way they went about it ? ( The innova IMO opinion has the best exhaust valve of any pumper,) Simple efficient, But like all total loss valves, be controlled,

This system was introduced by Crossman to Aleviate them from the Lockup problems they were having, This was when the gun was overpumped & the hammer spring couldn,t knock open the Exhaust valve, They were fed up of getting them back ! Pumped up & nowhere to go.

Anyway, All back together with a few tuning Mods, ( Not to increase output but to reduce pumping ) I would say that !
    Outputs to the legal limit !
    Pumps Innova 5 ish
    Pumps Ace 4.5 ish
    Pumps Crossman 140 7-9 ish,
    Pumps Sheridan, .20 5 ish
    Pumps Setra 4 ( This is a big gun )
    All the above are in .22, ( Except the sheridan which is .20 )

Its intresting How these outputs are controlled The Sharps have the " Blowoff " valve, The Setra has an Adjustable blowoff valve ( Only this model )
    The Crossman none, ( It can only be controlled by shortening the pump stroke ) ?
    Sheridan ( I say on the open Forum )

Which is Best ? I have an opinion, But what do you think . These are for sale later in the year.

Cheers for bearing with me, I have a broken toe & an EMPTY bottle of VERY fine red. Cheers, Ged

Hi Ged

Which is best?

That's a tough one.

Jesus only knows. www.terra.es/personal3/africatwin/Setra.htm.

All the Best Mick

snipperuk Guest
    lol . broken toe ..... you wont be out running then !

how's margret .... MARGRET have we got a pirate game for 7-11 year olds with a picture of a parrot on the box

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi Ged

Which is best?

That's a tough one.

Jesus only knows. www.terra.es/personal3/africatwin/Setra.htm.

All the Best Mick
    Hiya Mick, That thread to the Setra shows that it makes
    1000 Fps in .22 at 10 pumps, !!! I have an article stating up to 20 pumps, The Steroid Sheridans are pumped up to 13 pumps, Which is very similiar,
    No wonder the Early guns were all FAC, Very few had the regulator fitted, Like the one I have, Its just a screw In or out, 1 pump to Max, How did they get away with that !

In my opinion ( for what its worth ) The only real way of limiting a pumper, Is to shorten the pump tube, Or reduce its Diameter so that only 12 Fpe is acheivable with any number of pumps, Like the Crossman 760, as an example.
    So < Whats best, I think we see them all differently

Cheers, Ged.

" MARGARET "

Quote Originally Posted by snipperuk View Post
    lol . broken toe ..... you wont be out running then !

how's margret .... MARGRET have we got a pirate game for 7-11 year olds with a picture of a parrot on the box

Ha ha, Andy, Very funny, You,ll have to explain that !
    Your right, not running, What a pain, just replied to your Email,

All the best mate, Ged