Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BEST PLACE TO SHOOT RABBITS!!!!!!

BEST PLACE TO SHOOT RABBITS!!!!!!

hi all just wondering if there is anyone from the herefordshire area as i would like to know where the best place is to shoot rabbits in this area if not then can anyone shed any light as to where the best place are normally to shoot rabbits i.e which feilds are best to look in what kind of surroundings they like..

ATB craig

BEST PLACE TO SHOOT RABBITS!!!!!!

In the head, HTH
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"

Where you have permission

ATB
    Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by craig7582 View Post
    hi all just wondering if there is anyone from the herefordshire area as i would like to know where the best place is to shoot rabbits in this area if not then can anyone shed any light as to where the best place are normally to shoot rabbits i.e which feilds are best to look in what kind of surroundings they like..

ATB craig
    ONLY where you have permission to shoot, and can do so legally.

Steve C.
    AirArms S400k L/H (.177)BTAS, tuned, AirArms S410k L/H (.177) walnut, BTAS tuned, AA MPR .177 L/H walnut (STOLEN) and...L/H EV2
    BASC

Read up on the laws first mate before you start running around shooting anything!

And i'm taking for granted you can shoot accurately etc....

i will go and have a drive around in minute,will take my binos and let you know where they are when i get back

ps do you want the black ones has well ?

Quote Originally Posted by craig7582 View Post

ATB craig
    Look along field boundaries/headlands, particularly where the field adjoins a hedge, wood, copse or overgrown railway embankment/cutting or road (all the usual safety provisos apply!). Rabbits tend to like a combination of habitats so they can move from one to the other. However they thrive in unimproved pasture or links land, particularly where the soil is sandy. Scan through binoculars for excavated soil (I'm guessing Herefordshire isn't sandy) and patches of dead grass. The best time to look for rabbits where they're used to some hunting pressure is dawn/dusk - night with a high powered lamp is even better but I think the landowners might be a little concerned about a stranger wandering around at night with a two million cp spot.
    Good deals with: Baz, foxshooter, vbull, leadhead, Gary C/Slim Shady, coddy, rixy, David, Baldie, BoNeS, mjonho, Reeco.

hi craig welcome to the BBS,

could you tell me just how accurate a shot are you, say target at 30yds.

edbear2 Guest
    Whats the story on the black bunnies around here (ledbury/hereford/west side of the malverns)....is this a normal strain, or have they bred from escaped pets?......have seen loads in the last 5-6 years

Get them down here as well mate, think its something to do with pet ones escaping/being released and then breeding with the wild ones
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    I find near a Rabbit Warren a damn fine place to start .

Sorry Craig couldn't resist it .
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

CRAIG has logged off i guess one of you guys has upset his plans

i would of been prepared to help him but he couldnt be bothered to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    I find near a Rabbit Warren a damn fine place to start .

Sorry Craig couldn't resist it .
    Or Sainsburys (according to Chas & Dave)
    Good deals with: Baz, foxshooter, vbull, leadhead, Gary C/Slim Shady, coddy, rixy, David, Baldie, BoNeS, mjonho, Reeco.

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    Poor guy ....... give you lot an opening and you're in like rampant rabbits.

tut,tut!

arf!

first off matey practice practice practice practice and then guess what practice more before you even consider to go shooting will live animals .secondly ask around your local farmers etc and get a permission letter wrote up and sent to them and await areply its not as easy as asking on a forum ive been trying to get a permission since august which is when i felt confident in dispatchin an animal out to 30 yards but always try to get closer learn read everyth8ing you can as its not a toy even though some people treat them like they are only an air rifle.dont do that they are more than that.