Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Richards View Post
The recent model Meteor Mk6 and the Mk7 (which has been out for over 12 months now) are both rebadged Gamo's.
I had a MK7 for a short time and it was very close to 12ft/lb whereas the MK 6 is not full power.
The triggers are very heavy and recoil is harsh but Im sure a strip and relube would work wonders.

Ive recently bought my daughter a Norica Sport in .177, its quite light and puts out about 7 ft/lb. The trigger is a bit heavy but not too bad.

An excellent springer for the younger shooters is a Weihrauch HW30, even better is the HW30S if you can get one as they have the Rekord trigger fitted. They are fantastic and shoot at 7 ft/lb but are very, very accurate.

I would personally stay away from Chinese stuff due to the build quality and quality of parts.
I can highly recommend the Scorpion, had it for 2 years now, but it is a tad long but light. Also used to have an Ultra, which I regret selling. The only problem with the Ultra is the cocking system which might be a tad difficult for a youngster, though Im sure he would get used to it with practise.
Good idea on the Norica and HW30 I'll do a search for the weights now. These will not be used for hunting more as a training rifle so 7 ft lbs will be fine.