Thread: LOADING TAP

LOADING TAP

I AN THINKING ABOUT A NEW UNDERLEVER SPRINGER - CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF ANY OF THE MANUFACTURERS MAKE AN UNDERLEVER WITH A LOADING TAP LIKE THE AIRSPORTER OR WEBLEY MK 3
    I HAVE HAD A PROSPORT AND I JUST COULDN'T GET ON WITH THE LOADING SYSTEM ON IT.
    I THINK THE LOADING TAP WAS SUCH AN EXCELLENT IDEA I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY IT IS NOT COMMON ANY MORE

I don't think anyone makes a quality loading tap anymore, I imagine theres a chinese thing out there with a loading tap, but i think i read somewhere that they were quite tricky to keep a good seal.

You might find that the loading port on a HW97k would be easier to load, as it isn't just cut out on one side, it goes all the way over the top, to cater for lefties as well meaning theres more space for your fingers.

Failing that the HW57 has a pop up breech, which is probably the easiest to load, but I've never tried one of these so can't really recommend it personally.

atvb

Bobs
    HW 100KT .22 Hawke Varmint II 4-16x44WEI
    HW 97K .22 Nikko Stirling Nighteater 6-24x44 HRA
    HW97K HW100K____________________________UCH ______AAS200 Ginb No.9

LOADING TAP

THANKS BOBS THATS JUST THE INPUT I AM AFTER .I LIKE THE LOOK OF THE HW57

No worries thats what we're all here for

well that and the pi$$ taking
    HW 100KT .22 Hawke Varmint II 4-16x44WEI
    HW 97K .22 Nikko Stirling Nighteater 6-24x44 HRA
    HW97K HW100K____________________________UCH ______AAS200 Ginb No.9

Smile Ratgunner

Quote Originally Posted by shootingmad View Post
    I AN THINKING ABOUT A NEW UNDERLEVER SPRINGER - CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF ANY OF THE MANUFACTURERS MAKE AN UNDERLEVER WITH A LOADING TAP LIKE THE AIRSPORTER OR WEBLEY MK 3
    I THINK THE LOADING TAP WAS SUCH AN EXCELLENT IDEA I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY IT IS NOT COMMON ANY MORE

Gamo make an underlever with full length wood, the Stutzen I think,
    that has a lift up loading port that allows the pellet to be placed into the exposed seal or direct into the barrel have only seen the .177in and it shot very nicely, hope thats some help?

STUTZEN

YES, GAMO MAKE A STUTZEN. I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS THE SAME AS A DIANA STUTZEN, JUST MARKETED UNDER A DIFFERENT NAME - ONE OF THE AIRGUN MAGAZINES DID A FEATURE ON THE DIANA - THE AUTHOR COMPLAINED ABOUT THE LOUD RETORT WHICH HE SAID WAS CAUSED BY THE FACT THAT THEY HAD TO UP THE POWER TO COMPENSATE FOR THE AIR LOSS CAUSED BY THE PATENTED TRAP. (I THINK THE STUTZEN IS PROBABLY THE BEST LOOKING SPRINGER OUT THERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ratgunner View Post
    Gamo make an underlever with full length wood, the Stutzen I think,
    that has a lift up loading port that allows the pellet to be placed into the exposed seal or direct into the barrel have only seen the .177in and it shot very nicely, hope thats some help?

the loading tap was NOT such an excellent idea, in fact it was a crap idea, the pellet has to jump into the barrel, and they only need to be out of line a bit and you get a shaved pellet, unless you are a leftie if you did not get on with the pro-sport you will not get on with the 97k as there is not much difference unless you have very FAT fingers, some people like the 57 but all the ones I Have tested have not been very good and were easy out shot by a 95k, A95k,, thats it you need a 95k

Quote Originally Posted by treboR View Post
    No worries thats what we're all here for

well that and the pi$$ taking
    pi$$ taking NEVER

LOADING TAP

I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT THE LOADING TAP. IT DIDN'T SEEM TO MATTER WITH THE OLD GUNS.
    I HAVE A JOB TO STOP MYSELF FROM BUYING EVERY GUN I SEE AND TRYING THEM ALL. BUT I APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT.

Quote Originally Posted by 99CLOMP View Post
    the loading tap was NOT such an excellent idea, in fact it was a crap idea, the pellet has to jump into the barrel, and they only need to be out of line a bit and you get a shaved pellet, unless you are a leftie if you did not get on with the pro-sport you will not get on with the 97k as there is not much difference unless you have very FAT fingers, some people like the 57 but all the ones I Have tested have not been very good and were easy out shot by a 95k, A95k,, thats it you need a 95k

I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT THE LOADING TAP. IT DIDN'T SEEM TO MATTER WITH THE OLD GUNS.
    I HAVE A JOB TO STOP MYSELF FROM BUYING EVERY GUN I SEE AND TRYING THEM ALL. BUT I APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT.
    the best gun I had (I have had a few) with a loading tap was an original 50 and 50 To1

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    If I had to buy a rifle with a loading tap for real use and not simply nostalgia it would be a BSA Superstar every time.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

don't go to BLACKPOOL then, loading taps by the dozen

No need to SHOUT mate, we can hear you
    If you wade in, you have to risk the water coming over the tops of your wellies...

Yeah, turn the caps lock OFF, please. Regards .... Geek
    PauL H. - Shotgoon
    Brownings: 1999 Ultra XS; 2004 B525 Field; 2010 Maxus Hunter: Air Arms 1998 Mk.2 Pro-Target, 2001 Mk.2 Pro-Sport & 2003 S400C