My youngest son has owned his own rifle for at least 4 years now a Crossman 990 dual power. I bought him this particular model due to its light weight/plastic stock and recoiless action. He is 11 now and wants something a wee bit bigger . Looking through the mags and interweb yesterday he liked the look of a chinese made springer the QB57/AR10 which is a takedown bullpub rifle supposedly pushing about 7/8 ft lbs again eventhough he is now older weight is still a big factor. My standard S410K is still a bit on the heavy and long side. I fully intend to eventually get him a BSA Ultra or Scorpion but would like him to have a springer for a year or two first. Have any members on here tried any various smaller air rifles for their pre teen sons. My chum from Brum Pad E did not seem to keen on the above Chinese made bullpup so any dads/members who have tried their sons on other makes could you let me know. The reviews I have managed to find on this little bullpup were mostly positive, but these were on American forums. The YouTube review video's were again all positive but going back to a phone conversation with Pad E, he reckons the build quality leaves alot to be desired. Is Pads example a one off or are they all similar and POOOOOO.
My 18 year old has surprised and delighted me by showing real interest for the 1st time recently, eventhough he's had a BSA Meteor in .177 I restored for 10 years now. I'll try him on my springers as well although he obviously is more comfortable with PCP's he likes my S410K equally like MallyAlly's Scorpion but I'll try him on the breakbarrel Venom 80 this coming week.

Thanks to MallyAlly for bringing his Scorpion to the club last week for the lads to use and the other members of Sandhall ARC for making them so welcome. I didn't manage much shooting spending most of the time loading magazines , but lets face it what more can a dad ask for then spending any quality time with his kids let alone a shared hobby . Both lads want to get out on another plinking session ASAP.