Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TAU 7 ripped off or bargain?

Exclamation TAU 7 ripped off or bargain?

Hi all,
    I've just bought one of these off a mate..... I've not had a pistol in years but I saw this and after a couple of shots just had to have it :-)
    It's absolutely immaculate, in a lovely case with loads of Co2 and 2000 crosman match pellets. I have no idea what they cost but got it for what I thought was a very reasonable £100
    I must say that I'm very pleased with the deal-do I have a bargain or is this the going rate for something like this
    Cheers
    Last edited by StevieB1968; 12-01-2009 at 10:54 AM.

I personaly think you have done very well.
    Tried to serch the for sale section to see if i could find prices they have sold for on here, no luck.

Regards
    Kelley
    www.hwownersforum.freeforums.org

Tau 7

The ultimate bargin! these are great pistols, I got one from Redrooster last year for rather more than you paid, but still worth every penny

enjoy!

bargain bargain bargain

which version is it there are a few varients i think
    Air Arms S400 Nikko Gameking 4-16x50....

What a Bargain fella, well done. Now join the UBC and have a go at our comps.

atvb

Jason (UBC Founder)
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

tau 7

Hi
    I was recommended to pay up to £150 for one of these, as being a 10M match quality target pistol its a cheap but accurate way to start. Like you I got one at a bargain price and I'm thrilled with it.

Apparently theres a couple of errors incl re sight adjustment, in the manual, if you message me sometime to remind me, I'll dig out the book and tell you the corrections.

2 tips:
    1) Don't forget to use alternate end/Co2 piercer caps each time you change the capsule. It's so they warm up to normal temperature.

2) when you close the pellet chamber, pull back on the two knobs to ensure the chamber is properly shut - or it flips up and chucks out the O rings.

happy shooting

Linnet
    Last edited by Linnet67; 12-01-2009 at 04:12 PM. Reason: miss-wording
    My Guns: a Walther LP200;& a Weihrauch HW40PCA

It pays to listen to our Linnet...she's the UBC resident Tau 7 expert....

I can't understand why some people give things away!! Maybe "CO2" is a dirty word.

You got an absolute bargain; if immaculate, it must be worth twice that, the way the Pound has gone.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    It pays to listen to our Linnet...she's the UBC resident Tau 7 expert....
    HaHa! Thanks for the compliment Eric - but I'm not an expert at anything. Haven't you seen my UBC quote 'Jack of all trades, master of none'

Unless you're just takin' a dig at my piercer cap - having just changed the seal in one yesterday......

Lx
    My Guns: a Walther LP200;& a Weihrauch HW40PCA

i hope you returned the guys arm

Talking tau 7

Well done you lucky b#gger,drooling with envy, now tell your mate that i live just down the road and would have given him nearly double at least..mike.

Regardless of which Tau model it is....You have an absolute bargain!! I just wish some mug would offer me any of the Tau's in that condition for that price..

Now sit back and enjoy it

A very fair price. These things shoot well at 20 yards and 25 metres too. Really too good to just use for plinking.

Thumbs up

Excellent, am even hapier now
    It has adjustable grip with barrel weights and a screw in one for the rear end too so I believe it's the sport???
    I must say that I have never been able to shoot a pistol as well as I can with this..... I think the previous owner has turned the power up a little as it goes off with quite a kick
    It certainly has ALOT more power than my old Tempest I dug out today as a comparison, altho it is a very old one to be fair (20+ tyrs as I recall), needless to say the Tempest has gone back into storage for another 20 yrs!
    Think YOUR having a bad day? sort of puts things into perspective eh?
    http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/q...n/Image579.jpg

The Sport has 'Tau' engraved in the forstock part, also has the better trigger than the Standard. Barrelweights, and adj grip are standard on all models.
    The Match and Silhouet have slightly better (selected) barrels and a compensator. Also, a laminated grip.
    ATB,
    yana