Thread: First Impressions. MTC VIPER 10x44.

First Impressions. MTC VIPER 10x44.

Just got a MTC VIPER 10x44.
    Packed well so if you get one through the post it should stay safe !!!
    What can you say about a scope, looks good ?
    Nice colour ?
    Forget that, first impression was twiddle the knobs, nice clicky sound & felt precise, It does the job then !!!
    Gawp through it out of the window, focus down to 10yds, nice one.
    Look at houses, cars whatever & get the feel for the focus, looking good so can give a wide smirk but check what the dial says & compare to known distances, not so good, doesn't corrospond.
    Oh well, not wanting to range find with it anyway, Clear, crisp picture, to me that's important, It's a hunting scope so wait 'till dark & compare with my "old" scope.
    Good enough in low light so I'll move on then.
    Sunshade, yea right. Might try it one day, oh flippy covers, up down up down, you can't help but play, save a £ or 2 on BC's, nice one, firm click shut, click open & stays where you put them, friction held so can adjust the screw to how you want it.
    The ret' is thin with loadsa loadsa dots, great, I keep haveing to go 1/4 or 1/2 a mill dot space etc with my old one, this will be better.
    Tool to unscrew the ring that holds in the flip covers & to place the sunshade, handy.
    A booklet about how the scope works, read that later when I'm stuck, that should be soon I guess, handy, picture of the ret', why do I need that ?
    Makeshift target ? ah, clever.
    Battery ? battery ? oh yes the ret lights up, if I want a Blackpool scope I'll fit it, wonder if I can sell it ?
    Now the really nice bit, a posh bag to put the scope in
    Great selling add on but usefull
    If it was cammo I'd want two but blue
    Thankyou MTC, not for me but then again if in future I decide to sell the new owner can have a nice bag, free
    Went to put it on my rifle, nice chunky mounts supplied, gave them a check, oh oh, cross over.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj70tz...eature=related

While I'm waiting for some mounts to turn up I can play with the side wheel.
    That can stay unused, the focus was smooth without the big wheel so back in the box for me.
    I'm used to high mag, front focus scopes, was this MTC the right choice ?
    Fixed mag, side focus, only time will tell but for now yes I'm happy.
    Good glass picture, handy ret', smooth focus, flip cover inc'.
    That's what I want from a scope & so far that's what I've got.
    Will I shout from the roof top if the scope performs in the field, you bet.
    Will I whinge If it doesn't, so far i don't think I'll have to find my moaning head.
    Will I buy another ? so far I think so, would I recomend, yes but get some 30mm mounts ready so you can test it out straight away, you can allways sell the freebies.
    MTC allways gets a thumbs up from BBer's.
    Now I know why.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=k3ysF-...e=channel_page
    Last edited by Bellycrawler; 13-01-2009 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Big fingers little keyboard = bad spelling.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

I've got an MTC Viper 10x44 on my HW100 & it's bloody brilliant. The lenses are so clear & the build quality is dead impressive. Mine is an early Viper with a Mil-Dot reticle but it's absolutely perfect. I'd recommend the Viper range to anyone. Value & build quality are spot on.

Sorry to unearth an old thread but I just bought myself one of these.

Do you find you have trouble with the giant turrets? (so big, wouldn't be out of place on a castle)

As for crossover, mine's going to mounted by an experienced gunsmith so I'll let him worry about it.

Phil

Yes.
    They take space up in the cab' so need to be carefull cramming everything in.
    Had a bit of trouble zeroing with adjusting L/R but got there in the end.
    I've now sold the rifle I first mounted this scope on but will be back in action with it again soon.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.