Thread: Edgar Bros Model 60 Rebuild ?

Edgar Bros Model 60 Rebuild ?

Newbie here, as you`ll see by the question ! I need to strip ( safely )and overhaul a Model 60 in .22, working, but stood for some time and well down on power. I expect to source and replace piston seal and main spring, clean and relube, then chrono as the gun will be used as a backup on rabbits at 10-15 yards. when ferreting . We occasionally need to humanely dispatch an injured runner,and need to do a proper job, of course ! I would really appreciate your basic advice ( not done this before ), what tools I need ( where would I get a spring compressor , for example..do I need one ?), and where to find parts for this rifle, which has been a great survivor so far..I understand Edgar Bros. are trade sales only..can I adapt parts from something else ? Also,any advice on best pellets for these guns , and what lube to use ? Over to you folks..Can`t wait to hear from you..Thanks in anticipation !!!

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    I've got one of these, I think they are great little guns, the older model as well as the new one with a safety.

Chambers http://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopdispl...7&cat=Edgar+60 do some spares.

Check out the springer tuning guide on here, think its a sticky, for lubes etc.

engin is offline If you can't dazzle them with brilliance...
    I believe the Edgar Brothers Model 60 is actually made by Hatsan of Turkey. You might want to google and see what you can find.