Thread: pistol scope help / advice needed

pistol scope help / advice needed

hi folks i need some help please

i will be picking my falcon fn6 up in a couple weeks and i am looking for a pistol scope.

i fancy either a bsa edge 2-7x32 , Simmons ProHunter 2-6x 32mm or possibly a bushnell trophy 2-6x32 but i cant really stretch to it right now.

my question is regarding correcting the parallax from 50 yards down to say 10 -15 yards. i need to know if these scopes have screw off fronts? from what i have read you can remove the front end cap and then screw the lens in or out to adjust the parallax of a fixed parallax scope? is this correct?

i also understand this is not possible on some scopes at least not by me so can anyone advise a good scope to go for with changing the parallax in mind?

hope you knowledgable people can shower me with wisdom!

many thanks for reading
    matt
    HW100 in bits!

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostsniper View Post
    my question is regarding correcting the parallax from 50 yards down to say 10 -15 yards. i need to know if these scopes have screw off fronts? from what i have read you can remove the front end cap and then screw the lens in or out to adjust the parallax of a fixed parallax scope? is this correct?

i also understand this is not possible on some scopes at least not by me so can anyone advise a good scope to go for with changing the parallax in mind?
    I can't speak for the BSA as I've never seen one. I have had both the Simmons and Bushnell in the past and re-parallaxed both of them myself with the aid of a couple of baby boas. If you stretch a bit further then I also know that the Burris pistol scopes can also be re-parallaxed as that's what I'm using currently.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

excellent i was hoping to hear that!

does the end just unscrew on both simmons and bushnell?

could you possibly talk me through the process of altering the parallax once the end cap is removed?

any help would be very very appreciated!

thanks in advance
    matt
    HW100 in bits!

Have you thought about importing the Bushnell from the states as I know a few people who got one for around £100.