Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F. A .C

F. A .C

JUST APPLIED FOR MY FAC CERT, LOOKS PROMISING AS I'M ALREADY A SMALL BORE CLUB MEMBER . MY Q IS IF PERMITTED I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE MY ANTI TAMPER AA S 200 UP TO MAX FTLBs, ANY IDEA'S WHAT THIS WOULD BE IN THE SAFETY ZONE?

You would have to send the rifle away to get it turned into a FAC rifle

Quote Originally Posted by mikedd View Post
    ANY IDEA'S WHAT THIS WOULD BE IN THE SAFETY ZONE?
    As a fire health and safety adviser
    your safety zone is your fire arm certificate
    without it there is no safety just risk
    the risk is 5 years prison
    the likelihood is imminent if you change rifle without FAC
    advice is -----do not touch without fac licence then
    let the experts sort your rifle properly or sell it and
    get something like a rapid fac
    Last edited by psycho; 14-01-2009 at 05:17 PM.

Get FAC.
    Read FAC advice posts.
    AA200 to FAC has been covered, do your homework.
    Get FAC air rifle the correct way & the correct (more corect) FAC rifle for you.
    Asking as you have will only get you a slap.
    You are slapped.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

If it were in .22 guise then at best probably in the region of 16-18ftlbs and about 10 shot per charge, a rough guess I might add. Oh and can only be done by a RFD or you won't have your FAC for very long.

Hope this helps

If you are applying for FAC becuase you are a small bore club member, this doesn't mean you will be able to use FAC air, unless you have asked for it.

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    JUST APPLIED FOR MY FAC CERT, LOOKS PROMISING AS I'M ALREADY A SMALL BORE CLUB MEMBER . MY Q IS IF PERMITTED I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE MY ANTI TAMPER AA S 200 UP TO MAX FTLBs, ANY IDEA'S WHAT THIS WOULD BE IN THE SAFETY ZONE?

Dont waste your slot on this rifle converting it to FAC, wont get much more then 18ftlb and a poor shot count, sell it or keep it as a back up rifle (not that you'll ever use it after going FAC) and get yourself a proper FAC air-rifle and the one that always comes to my mine as thee best of the best is the Rapids, made for the high power stuff, there are other rifles that are just as good in engineering terms such as a Daystate, ripper and BSA by bowkett but the rapid for me is my first choice. Nice .22 in 32ftlb with Bis mags is one rifle hard to beat, if you cant afford a rapid then a nice super10 tuned by john bowkett or even the R10 in FAC format is another serious contender with around 40 full power shots, the rapid with the larger bottle will give around 100 full power shots in 30-32ftlb, but to me the rapid is the most solid built air rifle thats why i always push this rifle first.
    Last edited by verminhunter; 14-01-2009 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by verminhunter View Post
    Dont waste your slot on this rifle converting it to FAC, wont get much more then 18ftlb and a poor shot count, sell it or keep it as a back up rifle (not that you'll ever use it after going FAC) and get yourself a proper FAC air-rifle and the one that always comes to my mine as thee best of the best is the Rapids, made for the high power stuff, there are other rifles that are just as good in engineering terms such as a Daystate, ripper ahnd BSA by bowkett but the rapid for me is my first choice. Nice .22 in 32ftlb with Bis mags is one rifle hard to beat, if you cant afford a rapid then a nice super10 tuned by john bowkett or even the R10 in FAC format is another serious contender with around 40 full power shots, the rapid with the larger bottle will give around 100 full power shots in 30-32ftlb, but to me the rapid is the most solid built air rifle thats why i always push this rifle first.
    Good advice there. I would also add that if you are serious about FAC and want to knock bigger stuff skip the .22 and go straight to .25

The reasoning for this is that re-sale of FAC rifles is low and so it is wise to know what you will be shooting and what calibre is best for it. I have 2 FAC rifles, a .25 and a .22 and wish that I had bought a .25 pcp in the 35 - 45 fpe range. It is a serious tool for hunting and is unrivalled in it's knock down.
    An Aussie proud of his submarine commanders

Why are you jumping on this guys back?

He's only asking how to up the power on his rifle WHEN his FAC is through.

No need to be rude about

Quote Originally Posted by andythilo View Post

No need to be rude about

What on earth are you on about, no one is being rude but giving the guy some good advice, I'am never rude to any one on here, hope I've cleared any misunderstandings you might have .

Quote Originally Posted by andythilo View Post

No need to be rude about

Earlier posters were just emphasising the gravity of him doing the work himself to the rifle or doing it early, that's all. I think it is a serious matter however I think both Verminhunter, myself and a couple others were actually being quite civil.
    An Aussie proud of his submarine commanders

fac

Thanks andythillo, As for the rest of the guys, i was only after info, no plans on doing anything until i receive f a c confirmation. regards to all mikedd

Quote Originally Posted by samthedog View Post
    Good advice there. I would also add that if you are serious about FAC and want to knock bigger stuff skip the .22 and go straight to .25

The reasoning for this is that re-sale of FAC rifles is low and so it is wise to know what you will be shooting and what calibre is best for it. I have 2 FAC rifles, a .25 and a .22 and wish that I had bought a .25 pcp in the 35 - 45 fpe range. It is a serious tool for hunting and is unrivalled in it's knock down.

As you know I much prefer the .25 cali any time of the day but its best to start with a .22 and work yourself up to the daddy cali, time to mature in a way.

Thanks andythillo, As for the rest of the guys, i was only after info

Yes I know you were but as said dont waste your slot thats all, sorry if i sounded out of tune or rude but only giving good advice, sorry for sticking my hooter in.

Hi Mike & welcome to the forums

There's some good advice here for you from current FAC air shooters.

Homework is the main thing mate. Depending what your requirements are will ultimately depend on your choice of rifle. A high shot count will lead to the Rapid/Daystate series of rifles and with BSA just nudging in with the 30-40 shots per charge mark also.

Do you want the ability to carry a spare buddy bottle rather than an air tank?

northern35s & Verminhunter are quite correct in suggesting against the S200's FAC conversion, you'd only be getting a small shot count and not gaining that much more muzzle energy.

I currently have a BSA S10 in 34ft Ibs with Bisley Magnums and rabbits out to 60 yards are very much in danger I get 35-40 shots per 200cc bottle and take a spare or two which is more than enough for a successful hunting day.

Verminhunter is largely responsible for me turning to the dark side with a recent purchase but I havent got my teeth into that 'beast' just yet

Anything we can do to help Mike just holla dude.

atb

DVS
    Last edited by DVS1; 14-01-2009 at 07:54 PM.
    Better To Be Tried By Twelve Than Carried By Six