Thread: Silencing a 2240

All Day Bing is offline My back looks like Gordon Ramsey's ball-bag

Silencing a 2240

Gentlemen, I'd like to fit a silencer to my daughter's 2240 and I wonder if I might pick a few expert brains on the subject.

Could anyone recommend the best way of going about it:

- A UNF adapter + (The silencer of your choice)?

- A grub screw fitted moderator?

- A grub screw fitted barrel brake?

I'd like it to be as quiet as possible with the minimum impact on performance and I don't mind spending a few quid on nice kit if it does the job (it's my only vice).

I'm aware of the SD Custom site for some of the kit but any other sources would be nice to know. There's also a lad doing some great looking brass Crosman kit here on the Group Buys that I might try.

Also: As I understand it, you simply tap the foresight off to fit any of the above. Please stop me if I'm wrong on that score!

Many thanks for taking the the time.

John.
    that's in poor taste, suggest you remove it.

Hi John

quite correct about front sight,just taps off.

For max quietness,
    get an adapter to fit any 1/2" unf silencer to it,
    many on here as you say.

Just about the best (quietest)silencers you can use then are the Weihrauch or the Logun QGS

HIH
    and good luck,

Pete
    ULTIMATE KING RATTY ::.22 SMK QB78DL HYBRID::+QB78 D/L .25 Cal ::850 AIRMAGNUM::PISTOLS- :22 Cal Weihrauch HW80K Tactical::RAM 68 :-)

UK Neil (on BBS) will make you an adapter for peanuts then either get your own silencer as above Weihrauch etc or get Neil to make you one of his (shorter and better for a pistol). Although, as it's CO2 and you get leakage at the breech on these pistols, it won't be silenced totally.

ATB

I had a UK Neil silencer and adapter on my 2250 and 2240...silenced them to a "phut"!!....highly recommended...
    Eric.

UKNeil it is then...

I love this site...

I'm a relative newby but I've long suspected that UKNeil is a bit of a legend from his hints and tips alone. I didn't realise he did stuff like this to order.

I'd certainly much rather give my money to him than...Ze Germans. I'll drop him a PM.

Lads, sincere thanks.

John.

Hi John, Now you will have a nice quiet 2240, why don't you join the UBC (Umarex Boys Club) and shoot a few of our competitions. it's good practise and the guy's & gal's in the gang are a great bunch. Just send me a tag-line like the ones you can see in members section of the website and i'll add you to the Gang.

Happy Shooting

Jason

.......__________________________
    ....../'---__________--__________l] - >
    ...../_==o;;;;;;;________.:/
    ......),--(_(__)/
    .....),--(..)),
    ...//___//
    ..//___//
    .//___/

One Life. One Shot. Make it Count.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Boys Club

Thanks Jason...

UKNeil is firing up the lathe as we speak (top bloke) and Vipertek (simlarly top) has dug me out a little scope so there's no excuses I'd love to come down when I'm all set up.

I don't mind spending a few quid on nice kit if it does the job (it's my only vice).
    You might be interested in this too then....http://www.rjmachineshop.com/8428.html

Be warned: modding a 2240 can get addictive.

these are good breeches too,he also makes a conversion for bulk filling a 2240/50/60 and have a look at the boss valves too.

http://www.crookedbarn.com/new_page_7.htm

just one question,if you were to import a breech or valve then wouldnt you need it delivering to a gunshop?
    i got mine before the vcr bill so i didnt have that problem.
    air arms tx200 mkIII .177,simmons 4x12x40 pro air...another modded ratty leapers 6x32

I've been on this BBS for a few years now, and I've not needed any help on silencers or adaptors, yet! If I do need help, I will go to "UK_Neill" every time, simply because of the experiences of a couple of friends who have nothing but praise - and I have seen his workmanship myself.

Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by franktheferret View Post
    I've been on this BBS for a few years now, and I've not needed any help on silencers or adaptors, yet! If I do need help, I will go to "UK_Neill" every time, simply because of the experiences of a couple of friends who have nothing but praise - and I have seen his workmanship myself.

Alan.
    Have to agree with Alan, UK_Neill is a top fella, and his work is second to none. Had a few bits from him in the past and you can not fault them.

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

just one question,if you were to import a breech or valve then wouldnt you need it delivering to a gunshop?
    i got mine before the vcr bill so i didnt have that problem.
    No: VCR applies to sellers in this country only.