Thread: Blue Streak valuation

Blue Streak valuation

Hi,

Recently acquired a cart load of rifles that came as a job lot and there are one or two amongst them that I have no idea about.

First up for your purusal and edification is a Sheridan Blue Streak. I have ascertained that it was made over the pond in 1972 and that it does have a following among our colonial cousins. It is .20 caliber as they all were apparently and the barrel and receiver are brass. It has nice walnut woodwork.

It is in quite good condition and shoots very well with 6 pumps. Photos of it here http://s482.photobucket.com/albums/r...BLUE%20STREAK/

Can anyone tell me any more about them, whether they were imported in numbers and also what sort of value they have.

Thanking you for your indulgence,

Dfor.

hi.dont think anything special. american.if your looking to of load be interested for my boy. thanks

Hi, Dfor
    Can not help with the questions, but I thought that the early (pre 80's) sheridans were over the 12ft/lb limit for the UK? May be one of the resident experts could enlighten us on that however it looks fantastic and the wood work appears to be in top condition as well, sorry I could not help.
    ATB Keith

Blue Streak

Hi Dfor
    The Sheridan Bluestreak was one of the few guns that was capable of doing over 12ftlb's when the 1968 firearms act came in to being.
    I thought the importation of Bluestreaks off ticket stopped until MV arms started to import them in the early eighties. The off ticket versions were altered to give a two shot capability at under 12ftlb's per pumping.

As to the value of your Bluestreak, I have seen ones which need repair sold for about £60 and very tidy unmarked examples sold for £130.

Hope this helps a bit

All the best Mick

Oops

Hi Keith and Mick, thanks for the replies.

Think I'd better find some way of attaching the combro to it. Looks like the only way is to hold it against the end while someone else fires it and I don't fancy that.

Does anyone know what happens with these things, what I mean is if you keep pumping does the power keep going up or is there a safety valve or something. Can they be regulated?

Yes Keith, it is a lovely looking little gun and in great condition apart from the colour that has worn off the cylinder where the hands make contact, but even that looks good if you know what I mean. Patina I think it's called.

Dfor.

Ah well

If you pump it up to about ten pumps and it dumps all its air on one shot it should be on a FAC. The Bluestreak on FAC gives about 18 to 20 ftlbs, I'm sure Ged will be along to tell you all about it.

Don't panic, you only need to cut the hammer spring down to make it legal.

All the best Mick

Sheridan

I agree with T20 on value. As for power an article in Airgun Digest gives a velocity of 609fps with 16 grain Sheridan pellet for 13.18ftlbs with 5 pumps. A full 8 pumps gives a velocity of 704 for a ME of 17.61ftlbs.

All Sheridans both pump and Co2 were always the best made and finished of the US airguns IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    I agree with T20 on value. As for power an article in Airgun Digest gives a velocity of 609fps with 16 grain Sheridan pellet for 13.18ftlbs with 5 pumps. A full 8 pumps gives a velocity of 704 for a ME of 17.61ftlbs.

All Sheridans both pump and Co2 were always the best made and finished of the US airguns IMO.
    Cheers Coburn

I couldn't find the velocity per pump figures, they were posted on here by Gedfinn 2 a while back.

MAC 1 in the states do a tune up for the Bluestreak which takes it up to 900fps.

When I was a kid my mate used to bang on about Bluestreaks all day at School. When I bought one last year I rang him up and told him I'd got one, he was at my house within five minutes, and he lives seven miles away.
    I don't know about them being the best made American gun but they do have that certain something about them.

All the best Mick

I like that.

Hi Ged,

That looks good.

Anyway, tested the Streak this morning and looks like it might be ok.
    5 pumps - 8.7 ft/lp
    8 pumps - 10.1 ft/lb
    Very little variation.

Need to go for a lay down now after all that pumping.

Dfor.

Streaks

Try a 3 detail, 30 shot session with a Streak! Good way to a heart attack!
    My Silver Streak circa 1982 does 600fps at 6 pumps...I am not sure of the pellet weight, approx 13gns. I have managed 8 pumps but then had to go and lay down! Gun shoots well at 25 yards with 4 pumps.

Mike95

Could be interested if it was up forsale.

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    Hi, I am sorry for the curt intro ( I had written a long narration, 3 times before trying to upload a Pic !!!) & lost them all

I have 5, 2, in pieces to put together, I have my own power limiting system, of these, One a Pre-charged, It will shoot at ( Better not say that )
    It does 11.4 Fpe, & 30 shots,
    I will post Pics of a number of guns, Etc, cheers, Ged.

PS, I have never seen a Thumbhole stock on a Sheridan before, I Advertised this, With Silencer Adapter,Upgraded Exhaust valve ( One of mine ) One piece Sheridan mount & spares for £40 About 2 years, ago ( No takers )
    How times have changed, I have just bought a new pump head for £10 + post

These are great guns, cheers,
    Last edited by gedfinn 2; 18-01-2009 at 07:22 AM. Reason: 2 in pieces