Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSA club

hawkfish is offline UK Embroidery Champion 2009-10

BSA club

I have been given a "BSA club". I have never heard of such a thing. Has anyone any idea how much its worth? Are they any good?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfish View Post
    I have been given a "BSA club". I have never heard of such a thing. Has anyone any idea how much its worth? Are they any good?
    Is it the Club special, looks like BSA standars or is it the Club airsporter?
    [B] Yipee ki yay

Is it the same shape as an Airsporter, and if so, what is the serial number on the front of the underside of the trigger guard.
    That will determine which one it is.

edbear2 Guest
    Is it a back room in a pub, or perhaps a village hall, with loads of men of a certain age comparing old rusty air rifles, with a smattering of young whelps with their pesky high pressure multishot contraptions

sorry....cant get back to sleep.

Eddie,you are as daft as me

I'm guessing....its been locked/boarded up for years...theres cobwebs everywhere...but being a "BSA Club" there is a 10 yards range up the stairs & also a long forgotten old bell target just waiting for someone to ring it's bell..!

Whats that standing in the corner...well begger me..it's only a BSA Military Pattern left there & never collected.

The old trophy shelf still has all the old tarnished cups & winners shields from days long gone.Back downstairs there's only a cupboard half full with tins of pellets...Pylarms,Wasps,Webley Specials,Beatall & Bulldogs all as new.

You need more sleep matey.......i'm sedated & waiting for nurse...

edbear2 Guest
    And in my dream there was that other locked gun cupboard with all the still boxed and greased cs models that they bought and never got round to using........along with some shoeboxes of target sight sets, and a couple more unopened cases of adder and blackboy pellets........must dash, getting moist

Back downstairs there's only a cupboard half full with tins of pellets...Pylarms,Wasps,Webley Specials,Beatall & Bulldogs all as new.
    I would hope to find card boxes of Adders, Webley 25, Beatalls, Bulldogs etc, along with early tins of Pylarms, Wasps and Weaman Street tins of Webleys.

edbear2 Guest
    Poor old hawkfish.........he's probably at home reading all these and thinking he's logged into a website for loonies......he only wanted to know what gun it was! OK OK OK....I know I started it, but now people are posting funnier answers so it has to stop

A very generous friend sent me these recently. They were found sitting on a shelf unopened since 1957. The stuff that dreams are made of.

edbear2 Guest
    Blimey!!!.......does he need any more friends, your mate!..or help to check any other shelves........if that sleeve is full as well, you could swap those for a webley mk 3 at the price the 200 tins go for.....Do they have packing date slips inside like the pylarms from that period......I've got one sample of the same tin but half empty, your tins in the wrap are rocking horse doings

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Blimey!!!.......does he need any more friends, your mate!..or help to check any other shelves........if that sleeve is full as well, you could swap those for a webley mk 3 at the price the 200 tins go for.....Do they have packing date slips inside like the pylarms from that period......I've got one sample of the same tin but half empty, your tins in the wrap are rocking horse doings
    I have just the one sleeve Eddie and each tin has a paper slip dated 16th December 1957. I believe there were only three such sleeves in total.

hawkfish is offline UK Embroidery Champion 2009-10

BSA Club

My father in law bought it while he was living in Indonesia. Its an under lever, 177 with a lever on the side that you twist to open the breach to put the pellet in. All it says on it is "BSA Club" and I am fairly sure there is some sort of serial number. He has said I could have it, but I have left it at his house for the time being. I will have a closer look at it and let you all know a bit more. Its just I have never heard the name before and wanted to know a bit more.

snipperuk Guest
    heres a pic of the early club special

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...ruk/pic1-1.jpg

I should think that this will be the 1948 BSA club (early airsporter) type he is talking about rather that the Club standard of 1922-1936. The 1948 type had the words BSA Club photo-etched onto the cylinder.

Lakey

Wasps

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Yes they do. :-)

------------------
    Frank